The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby thelostdragon » 09 Aug 2011, 19:28

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but this is the Dirty Harry 5 disc box set on Bluray for £17.99/€22.49 (free delivery):
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1155 ... fer=search
Image

User avatar
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9259
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby saltysam » 14 Aug 2011, 17:46

working class blu-ray fan

User avatar
Keung
King of Beggars
Posts: 886
Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Keung » 14 Aug 2011, 17:47

Heard it's cropped/wrong ratio. :dontknow:
Image

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 14 Aug 2011, 21:08

According to this not really:

http://www.avforums.com/movies/The-Long ... u-ray.html

The USA BD is 1.78:1, this is 1.66:1 so has minor cropping but the review also says 1.66:1 is the original aspect ratio. The UK BD has a lot more extras than the USA one.

User avatar
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9259
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby saltysam » 15 Aug 2011, 13:10

bradavon wrote:According to this not really:

http://www.avforums.com/movies/The-Long ... u-ray.html

The USA BD is 1.78:1, this is 1.66:1 so has minor cropping but the review also says 1.66:1 is the original aspect ratio. The UK BD has a lot more extras than the USA one.
it's getting a re-releae with a reportedly different transfer http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Long- ... 095/....to be honest,cannot see this film ever looking great,for £3.95 this is a no-brainer if a fan of the film.
working class blu-ray fan

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 15 Aug 2011, 15:27

Me either but I guess it's worth waiting still. I like it but not enough to own it. I used to. Your links broken, here's the working one:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Long- ... ray/28095/

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby romerojpg » 25 Aug 2011, 21:05

saltysam wrote:3 used blu-rays for a tenner or £3.99 each....big thread over at avforums,Romero has bought, in his words."tonnes" :)

http://www.thegamecollection.net/produc ... b80c395dd5


80 something :thumbs: some pretty much new titles at the beginning, insane bargains!

and anyone avoiding them because of rentals- bad discs- boxes etc... must be mental.
I got a handful of scuffed cases, easily removable stickers on the majority, 1 broke box (easily replaced like most of them) and about 15 "rentals" - which are IDENTICAL to the retail discs as they are the retail discs! in a rental box, like the vast majority of all Rental discs are.

I only got 1 out of all my discs which was a real rental which differed to the discs you buy in shops. Many were mint condition as well, considering Blu Rays are pretty damned indestructible as well so passing up a £3 Blu Ray is mental :banghead:

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 26 Aug 2011, 01:28

romerojpg wrote:and anyone avoiding them because of rentals- bad discs- boxes etc... must be mental.

Coming from the person who sent perfectly good discs back because they fell out of their clasps whilst in transit :roll:. I'd never own an ex-rental, end of.

romerojpg wrote:like the vast majority of all Rental discs are.

I'm not interested in discs with the words "Rental" or "Ex-Rental" on the packaging. It's as simple as that. Plenty of ex-rentals do differ too.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Markgway » 26 Aug 2011, 01:31

Romero, nothing in your post has persuaded me that my stance is wrong.

I'm not that desperate to own Blu Rays that I'll lower my standards to buying grubby rentals... but if saving £3 or so means that much to you go ahead.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby gasteropod » 26 Aug 2011, 02:07

I wouldn't buy an ex-rental, they're dirty things!

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby romerojpg » 29 Aug 2011, 14:30

bradavon wrote:
romerojpg wrote:and anyone avoiding them because of rentals- bad discs- boxes etc... must be mental.

Coming from the person who sent perfectly good discs back because they fell out of their clasps whilst in transit :roll:. I'd never own an ex-rental, end of.

romerojpg wrote:like the vast majority of all Rental discs are.

I'm not interested in discs with the words "Rental" or "Ex-Rental" on the packaging. It's as simple as that. Plenty of ex-rentals do differ too.



You really do have no idea at all in any way what you are on about :lol:

I have never sent a Blu Ray back in my life because it fell out of their clasps, get your facts right :lol:

and as I said the vast majority are NOT rentals.
You really have no knowledge at all about rentals if you think "Plenty" differ" from sell through discs :lol:

Clueless :roll:




"Grubby" ? most of mine are brand new and indistinguishable from mint newly opened discs :rock:

Who says these discs are all rentals? Some are rentals, few.

Buy some brand new boxes for the ones you think are "Grubby" and swap them over with the brand new discs and there is no way anyone could ever tell they are anything but bought mint.

If you think I have saved "£3 or so" well done, brand new films for £3 is saving a lot more than £3 or so thats for sure.

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 29 Aug 2011, 15:04

Markgway wrote:I'm not that desperate to own Blu Rays that I'll lower my standards to buying grubby rentals... but if saving £3 or so means that much to you go ahead.

:thumbs:

romerojpg wrote:I have never sent a Blu Ray back in my life because it fell out of their clasps, get your facts right :lol:

Except for the times you've said you have. No one believes a word you say any more. You make shit up as you go along, always have.

romerojpg wrote:and as I said the vast majority are NOT rentals.

Some were, enough said. They listed some as "Used" but people got Ex-Rentals. Check out the thread over at AV Forums if you don't believe me.

romerojpg wrote:"Grubby" ? most of mine are brand new and indistinguishable from mint newly opened discs :rock:

Well good for you. Now run along and knock one out.

Most of us aren't so tight-fisted with money we'd save a few quid, to get a shit disc.

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby romerojpg » 29 Aug 2011, 15:17

bradavon wrote:
romerojpg wrote:I have never sent a Blu Ray back in my life because it fell out of their clasps, get your facts right :lol:

Except for the times you've said you have. No one believes a word you say any more. You make shit up as you go along, always have.


Find me these instances then where I have said I have sent a Blu Ray back for being lose from the clasps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: go on you know you want to its not like you dont have tonnes of spare time :lol:

Ohh yea as usual you cannot find anything at all as you have as usual no clue at all about what you are on about :clap:

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby gasteropod » 10 Sep 2011, 05:37


User avatar
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9259
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby saltysam » 18 Sep 2011, 17:48

working class blu-ray fan

User avatar
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 09:01

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby luckystars » 18 Sep 2011, 19:02

saltysam wrote:Taxi Driver £6.95...bargain http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/taxi-driver/10407703.html


Appreciated!! First new disc I've ordered in forever!

Everything's ebay/amazon market place for me these days :lol:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Image

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 19 Sep 2011, 16:09

Nice! Thanks Salty. I almost paid £8.95 a few days ago.

drees5761
Jackie Chan's little toe
Posts: 20
Joined: 23 Sep 2011, 10:19

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby drees5761 » 23 Sep 2011, 10:24

Alien Box set at Amazon £13.99!!...ordered mine...wont stay this price for long i dont think...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... B003AQBYUG

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby bradavon » 23 Sep 2011, 12:52

It's now £37.49 (thanks though) but £16.99 at HMV.

saltysam wrote:Taxi Driver £6.95...bargain http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/taxi-driver/10407703.html

It's now £8.85.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Markgway » 17 Oct 2011, 15:12

Both Cape Fear BDs are £6.99 @ Zavvi.

Only released last Monday too.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
Keung
King of Beggars
Posts: 886
Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Keung » 17 Oct 2011, 16:24

Not quite under £7, but HMV has a "two for £15" deal on. I picked up Die Hard 2 and Payback.
Image

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby romerojpg » 17 Oct 2011, 18:25

Die Hard 2 and Payback have been cheapos for a long time. They have many pretty new titles in the deal as well thats for sure :) good for a good rummage to see what new ones pop up.

User avatar
Keung
King of Beggars
Posts: 886
Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Keung » 17 Oct 2011, 18:41

Yeah, I saw loads I wanted but unfortunately I was strapped for cash.
Image

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby romerojpg » 17 Oct 2011, 19:17

Ahh from what I have read each store differs as well, which is a pain.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Blu-Ray movies under £7 thread

Unread postby Markgway » 17 Oct 2011, 21:31

Did that 2 for £15 offer start just today?

It was a 2 for £20 when I popped into my local HMV on Friday.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image


Return to “Bargains / Suppliers / Classifieds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests