The eBay Advice Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The eBay Advice Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I'll give it to Magpie or Turnintocash instead, oh well. :)
They decided theyre sending it back, I'm a bit annoyed but at least I have that outlet.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote: They decided theyre sending it back, I'm a bit annoyed but at least I have that outlet.
It's not up to them. Returns are at your discretion.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i've had that a couple of times on ebay.no way will i accept a return if i've listed it correctly.why should i lose out money wise for soeone else's error? i just tell them to relist it themselves.
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Unfortunately that will result in the dickhead giving you negative feedback I'd imagine.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Markgway wrote:If you clearly stated it was NTSC R1 then you don't have to accept a return for that reason.

Whether you want to be generous is entirely up to you...
Just realise I replied to the wrong post here, so I've got the wrong one quoted, but anyway...

Refund them their money minus your postage charges, as at least that way you won't make much of a loss (just the remaining paypal fees on the money you keep.

If you then go through an ebay claim process for cancelling the transaction you will get your ebay fees refunded.

If you don't sell a lot on ebay, then don't worry too much about the negative feedback, not like it will affect you that much.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Be polite, fair and offer a return but be very clear, it says it's Region 1. I always say something like "Region 1 USA, needs a multi-region player". Not everyone knows what R1 means.

You have no obligation to accept a return though. eBay won't expect you to but if he's that determined, yes he'll leave you negative feedback, which you can reply to. So it depends if you mind the odd negative feedback (i.e - Can you afford the odd black mark or will it stand out?). Annoyingly feedback is entirely customer focused. If a customer dicks you around (which happened to me recently) you cannot leave anything but positive feedback still. Not everyone knows this, so is a buyer has 100% positive and has never sold, it doesn't mean they're reliable.

Did you get a good price for it? If you got a really good price. It maybe worth to risk the negative feedback.

Grim, you're to nice!
degeneration wrote:If you don't sell a lot on ebay, then don't worry too much about the negative feedback, not like it will affect you that much.
I'd say that's worse because it will stand out. Some people are determined to leave you negative feedback.

I sold Natural Born Killers in mint condition for 99p but it wasn't sealed. He complained I listed it as New not Like New (New I didn't realise means it's sealed). I said sorry and offered a return. He left me negative feedback saying my communications were bad. How were they bad? I can't do any more than accept it back. He wanted some cash back, he only paid 99p for it!

Another guy complained because I sold him a legit Thai DVD. It said it was from Thailand on the listing. He left negative feedback to but thankfully that time withdrew it.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Some people are just cunts.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

When I've looked at feedback for stores like Moviemars and stuff on eBay, there are countless morons giving them negative feedback because 'the dvd dont work in ma player' and if it didn't arrive fast enough or had gotten damaged in the post (which is more likely the postal service's fault than the store's) and even neutral feedback inexplicably when they've put a positive comment :? So many idiots on there no wonder I just give everything to CeX nowadays.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I said something like "It is Region 1 USA, make sure you have a compatible DVD Player" (and I always do with R1 discs) - this is the first time I've had something like this happen TBH.
I only got £2 for it or something but never mind :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:I said something like "It is Region 1 USA, make sure you have a compatible DVD Player"
Then you're covered. Tell them to fuck off.
I only got £2 for it or something but never mind :D
The cheeky minge wants a refund for TWO POUNDS for something that was THEIR fault!?!
Some people need an ass kicking. :banghead:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:Some people are just cunts.
True that :thumbs:.
grim_tales wrote:I said something like "It is Region 1 USA, make sure you have a compatible DVD Player" (and I always do with R1 discs) - this is the first time I've had something like this happen TBH.
Then as far as eBay are concerned you are in your rights to politely tell him to F Off. That couldn't be clearer.

Actually I only offer to have it back if I've made a mistake (technically despite being OTT I should've listed that DVD as "Live New). If it's entirely their fault, I point this out and ask what they'd like to do. It depends if they're being arses whether I then offer to have it back or not.

As it's this guys fault entirely I'd certainly only refund him minus the postage it actually cost you to post it. You shouldn't be out of pocket and tell him, you'll do this when you've got it back. I tend to leave positive feedback too, in the hope they do the same. It usually works but doesn't always, which then leaves a bitter taste, knowing you've left positive for a dick head who's left you negative feedback.

Neutral is pointless, either you're happy or not. I consider negative and neutral the same when looking at someone. I suspect everyone does.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
I just put my older Godzilla DVD on Ebay (was thinking of upgrading) and all my listing information has been reset, saying "Returns Accepted" (previously I didnt), postage time for 1st class Royal Mail is now 4-5 days (!) and just because the DVD is a non UK DVD I got a message about "Are you attempting to sell something not allowed?" I've never had that before!
Keung
King of Beggars

Post by Keung »

grim_tales wrote:"Are you attempting to sell something not allowed?"
I got the same message when I listed my R2 Seven Swords DVD. Odd...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Replying it's legit and modify the listing back. I leave it as "returns not accepted" (the default) but ultimately do accept them.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'm still waiting for payment for an item I posted today, if I dont get it by tomorrow shall I contact the seller? Usually I get instant payment or 1 day afterwards :? (The DVD was sold yesterday).
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Surely you should have waited for payment before sending it, Grim?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:oops: You're right, I should have done. But I wanted to send it quickly too.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Always wait for payment unless you trust the buyer.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Dude, that's such a school boy error :). What's the rush to post it? You only sold it yesterday. I too want to get a sale done and dusted asap but you cannot assume everyone is as trustworthy as you.

You cannot even leave the buyer negative feedback. All you've got if it comes to it, is opening a case with eBay. Who ultimately could leave him a negative mark. It depends how good/how many is feedback score is, whether that bothers them.

I've had to wait 4-5 days on occasion (most pay instantly). You'll have to give it to Friday really before contacting them, they maybe away.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

I at least hope you posted it recorded.If not what's to stop the buyer saying he hasn't received it?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I did get a reciept, Brad is right in saying most of the time people pay instantly. This is the first time I can remember payment hasnt been instant (or one day after). The buyer had 100% feedback (only 44 score though).
I'll wait til tomorrow/the next day and see what happens, it often seems in the case of some buyers, silence means its been recieved but the buyer ought to have payed instantly imo.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Yeah but a receipt only shows you posted it,the other person can still deny receiving it.at least with recorded there's a signature involved.i don't use ebay much now but i've had plenty of occasions where people haven't paid/took their time paying. i sold a dvd for £4.99 3 weeks ago,still no payment received.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt think of sending it recorded :oops:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i wouldn't be worrying too much yet,44 feedback 100% is ok,i am sure they will pay.i imagine it's not a high value item you've sent off?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Nah, not an expensive thing, just a DVD :)