Request. A simple idea for a films thread

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Request. A simple idea for a films thread

Post by luckystars »

Hey guys,

So I'm having one of those Damn why do I miss so many good new films moments. I just figure with such a broad/interesting taste of films on the forum we could simply do a '2012 films thread' - would be place for noteworthy films with some tiny info, and wouldn't replace (or attempt to replace) any other threads or sections.

Likewise a 2011 & 2013 would be good.

It wouldn't be a taxing thing to post in, just the film and a short 'pitch' if you will. You don't have to put any old bunk in there like a X-Men film or whatever, just a film you'd champion yourself.

'2011 thread'

Detachment
Indie Drama with Adrien Brody, by acclaimed and controversial Director of 'American History X' Tony Kaye.

etc.

Simple as that, but enough for interesting or noteworthy films to get through that drudge of overinformation on the net! Add a trailer if you like.

Thoughts?
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Request. A simple idea for a films thread

Post by grim_tales »

I think its a good idea, it sounds a bit like the Rate a Film thread in Reviews, but more orgnised :)
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Re: Request. A simple idea for a films thread

Post by luckystars »

grim_tales wrote:I think its a good idea, it sounds a bit like the Rate a Film thread in Reviews, but more orgnised :)

Could be, it's not a review thread as stuff wont be out our you don't need to have seen it to post.

Also sometimes films are out on DVD before you hear of them, or come out late in the uk... or current/future films that have next to zero promotion.

This way we'd be getting a 'things we're all watching' or 'films from last year you still need to catch up on' type thread/s and yeah, hopefully less stuff slipping passed the collective radar.
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)