King Conan (Conan 3)

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

King Conan (Conan 3)

Post by grim_tales »

Also although this film has been greenlit with Big Arnie starring in it, John Milus was apparently looking for another actor to move on ahead with the project.

But it seems because this is Arnold's movie the trilogy will end with him. :o

Is Conan The Destroyer any good? Havent seen it but seen Barbarian (pretty good).

I don't know if he'll do any more movies, depends if he gets re-elected Governor. :?

http://citaya.dyndns.org:16080/~Tee/php ... 2&start=15
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: King Conan (Conan 3)

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:I don't know if he'll do any more movies, depends if he gets re-elected Governor. :?

http://citaya.dyndns.org:16080/~Tee/php ... 2&start=15
Well exactly!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Won't he be too old to play Conan? :D Ages ago (before he was Governor) I heard he'd just have a cameo in it :?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I remember reading about this yonks ago in Empire before Arnie was elected. Christ, I hope they don't hire Casper Van Dien as the Conan's son if this project ever gets off the ground.
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

They simply cannot make this film without Arnold. Its that simple.

With the way things are looking right now it does not seem he will be re-elected, so lets keep our hopes up :)
gojensen
King of Beggars

Post by gojensen »

Milius were going to use Triple H (the wrestler, of Blade: Trinity fame) I heard. Though they are now off doing "Jornada del Muerte" and I Robert Rodriguez is going to helm "Conan III"/"King Conan"... and he wants Arnie back.

Milius idea was to tell a story of Conan (Arnie?) and his Son (HHH?). What Rodriguez will do with it is unknown. Rodriguez is putting out atleast two movies first though... "Shark boy and Lava Girl in 3D" and atleast one sequel to Sin City first! (Slated for a Summer 2007 premiere)... so that would put Conan 3 up around 2008/2009? So the Guvernator will probably be free by then - but will he be big (and young?) enough??
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

oh no... this is NOT a movie for Robert Rodriguez to make, IMO.

I had read that Milius deffinetly wanted to hang onto this project himself, since he was taken out of the director's chair for the two existing sequels because of the studio wanting a more "family friendly" action film. So they turned it over to Richard Fleischer (very bad move IMO).

Anyway, any news at this point is really just pure speculation, but in my opinion this franchise really is not Robert Rodriguez material. I hope we get Milius back.
gojensen
King of Beggars

Post by gojensen »

Well, speculation it may not be - as "several" news sites have reported that Warner Brothers gave it to Rodriguez because their deal with Milius had ended... *shrugs*

You say two sequels though? AFAIK there's only two Conan films... are you counting the Red Sonja flick aswell? (Which doesn't include Conan btw... but Kalidor due to some strange licensing problems...)
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

Yeah I was including Red Sonja although your right its not really a Conan film. Milius originally wanted CTB to be the first part of a trilogy, but the Studio ruined that idea. It would not surprise me if they ruined Conan III as well.