assault on precinct 13 remake...

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

assault on precinct 13 remake...

Post by saltysam »

anyone else fancy this?i remember posting news of this remake ages back on old bullets and romero telling me it'll never happen:cool:well it's out next week.:Dthe trailer looks quite decent,from the people who made the negotiator and it has a decent looking cast including ethan hawke and larry fishbourne.as the original is one of my all time favourite movies i look forward to seeing what they've done with this.they've changed the story somewhat i gather but there are still apparently some knowing references to the original." gotta smoke?" is in there somewhere apparently.
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

I'm going to see this today.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the original, which is Carpenter's 2nd best film, topped only by "The Thing" IMO.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I beleve I said it would happen, it was the other film in the origanal post which would never happen, not sure which film that was now :) but it was a double post about 2 films.

Still I hope (I repeat Hope!) its going to be great, but I dont like the police angle much :( I would have liked hundreds of badassed gangstas instead, more zombie like that way :)

and yes the origanal is an amazing film still!
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

[quote][i]Originally posted by ReconFive[/i]
I'm going to see this today.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the original, which is Carpenter's 2nd best film, topped only by "The Thing" IMO. [/quote]let us know what you think:D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

last i read in fangoria magazine was they were hoping to use the original theme possibly in the end credits but they were unsure due to rights issues.:(hope it's there,be a nice touch.pity they didn't get austin stoker and tony burton for cameos though,the great darwin joston who played napoleon wilson is sadly deceased:(:(
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Ohh bugger I never thought about tyhe music!!!! noooo! it would have been so good to use JC's music! :( just hope its good music then and not crap rap or Danny Elfman!
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

Assault on Precinct 13 is not one of my favourite Carpenter films, so I won't be crying foul if this doesn't do it justice etc. I think The Negotiator is a really good police actioner, so I am quite looking forward to this one. Also I watched Explorers for the first time in years yesterday. Ethan Hawke was such a whiney little moppet in that film. :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

[quote][i]Originally posted by brooce-leroy[/i]
Assault on Precinct 13 is not one of my favourite Carpenter films, so I won't be crying foul if this doesn't do it justice etc. I think The Negotiator is a really good police actioner, so I am quite looking forward to this one. Also I watched Explorers for the first time in years yesterday. Ethan Hawke was such a whiney little moppet in that film. :D [/quote]well i love it have done ever since i saw it at the odeon in liverpool circa 1978.love the music,love the story,love the characters just a great movie imo.must be one of my most viewed movies:D
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

Its not as good as the thing, halloween, prince of darkness, big trouble etc. :P The scene with the girl/ice cream van is pretty memorable though. I bet there were a few gasps in the audience. I used to go to the cannon cinema. :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

[quote][i]Originally posted by brooce-leroy[/i]
Its not as good as the thing, halloween, prince of darkness, big trouble etc. :P The scene with the girl/ice cream van is pretty memorable though. I bet there were a few gasps in the audience. I used to go to the cannon cinema. :D [/quote]not as good as prince of darkness:o
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

[quote]
Its not as good as the thing, halloween, prince of darkness, big trouble etc
[/quote]

I beleve it is acctually :) its a better film I think, but I enjoy the Thing and Haloween and Big Trouble more, esspecially Big Trouble! I think its a masterpiece!
but Assault on Precinct 13 is very, very good, an amazing 1st film which is soo exciting its scary!

Its a lot better than POD! :P
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

My thoughts on the remake posted in "what have you just seen" topic.