Ebert's Films of the year

Post by robbiez666 »

[url=http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /412190302]list here[/url]

feels ill at the mention of KIll Bill 2 :(
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Number 2 "Kill Bill, Volume 2" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

basically from his list he is a knober, I hate a lot of them films and I hate the fact this guy has more power to influence people than god! his list is not very exciting and pretty predictable, not a fan of many of them films at all and never will be.

Kill Bill Part 1 is far better then 2 ever will be :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Jeez... that list is just one person's opinion Romy ;) As a film critic, that is Ebert's job to give opinions and criticize. Why does it make you a sheep if you agree with the guy??? Not everyone can surely?
KB2 was good, but not no.2 film of the year IMO! That said, it was a better "film" than Volume 1. As Roger Ebert says, it puts the whole thing in context even though it is a contrast with the first part featuring little action in comparison.
I havent heard/seen many films on his "best" list. On his worst "Troy" wasnt great IMO (Brad Pitt as Achilles is just wrong) but not all bad. The older actors gave better performances IMO.

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by grim_tales]
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I can't believe the dude put Dogville, The Girl Next Door and Resident Evil: Appocalypse as his [b]worst[/b] 10 films of 2004... still each to their own.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

[quote]
Jeez... that list is just one person's opinion Romy
[/quote]

Well its not just one persons thats the problem, He is one of the most powerful people in america when it comes to films, more sheep follow him than any other film reviwer in the world!
He also gets back hands and pay offs to pick certain films above each other! and basically his list tells you all you need to know about arragant tosspots.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

To call Troy the worst film of the year says it all really.
Resident evil Appocolypse and The Village included in his worst 10 also show what this man is, a fucking wanker.

Dont think he has even seen the film Resident Evil Apocolypse he says this shit

[quote]
In a scene where several characters are fighting zombies inside a church, the renegade scientist comes to the rescue by crashing her motorcycle through a stained-glass window and landing in the middle of the fight.
[/quote]

err no!
no renegade scientist comes thru any window you knobber! obviously you aint seen the film at all and are doing what UK newspaper reviewers do and making a review from clips you have seen. Knobbber!

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by romerojpg]
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt know that, if he gets payoffs to rate a film a certain way thats pretty shocking, I thought he was a respected critic.
If people "follow" him as you say thats not Ebert's problem (is it?) :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well influence is appaernt in many reviewers reviews, maybe they dont maybe they do, but many have admitted they do (seepcially UK Newspaper reviwers who dont see the film and rate it on how much cash they get and how many godies they get).

Not sure if Eghead does, but surley its a factor when your that big. I just thiunk its irrasponsable to reviw films like he does sometimes when soo many people will be influenced, shows you how dumb the public are I guess.