Blade: Trinity - Oh dear it's looking like a stinker!

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Blade: Trinity - Oh dear it's looking like a stinker!

Post by bradavon »

[img]http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/imag ... t/6913.jpg[/img]

Considering how good the first was and how great the second is this is really disappointed me:

[u][url=http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/inci ... p?FID=9822]1 Star out of 5[/url][/u]
[u][url=http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=55490]5 out of 10[/url][/u]

My hopes weren't to high in the first place. Sure David S Goyer wrote all three but he's never directed before, a huge clue IMO.

I'm sure Romero will still love it :D . I'm not sure I'll bother seeing it at the cinema (and before you ask it's not because of the film it's because there are other films I'd now rather see).

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by bradavon]
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Surely 1/5 means 2/10? ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Huh yes it does but they're not the same review :cool:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Oh sorry, I thought that was your rating for the film or something :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Nope your just wrong, the 2nd film got some of the worst reviews I have ever seen in my life wayyy worse than this one is getting and even Blade 1 got shit reviews, so I dont care at all as they are wrong about Blade 1 and 2, so they are sure to be wroing about 3 (but I will see it in a few hours to confirm :D )

but really who gives a fuck what they say, definatly not me as they are toss potts! and after the grilling Blade 2 got really what do they know, as for me Blade 2 is 5 stars and I cannot be bothered with reviews for the reason you stated above, they influence people! and thats wrong, if you want to see a film see it dont let a dick put you off! only FEEBLE MINDED FOOLS go with reviews!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Blade 2 is fantastic. I saw Blade again shortly after seeing Blade 2 and still think it's average to slightly above average. The fight sequences are okay and the villain is dull. Blade 2 is in another league.

[quote][i]Originally posted by grim_tales[/i]
Oh sorry, I thought that was your rating for the film or something :D [/quote]
A film I've not seen?

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Nope your just wrong, the 2nd film got some of the worst reviews I have ever seen in my life wayyy worse than this one is getting[/quote]
I didn't know that thanks but remember it's not just those two reviews I'm mentioning the DVD Times one has many user comments.

tbh I read reviews not because they will sway me because there are far to many reviews out there to see them all. So I need to be picky. Anyway LMK what you think.

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by bradavon]
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

BLADE TRINITY 3.5 out of 5

I now have seen it and can say its the worst in the series for me, but its still great :D

many little problems yes, but its an enjoyable and funny romp with some nice bits. It does get bogged down with wayyyy to many cast members trying to steal the camera and for that it suffers in comparison to the 1st 2 films in that department.

There is no plot really, even the 1st and 2nd films had plots, but the plot for 3 is very very basic and at times a little silly.
Its does have some nice cast members in it who do some fun things esspecially Ryan Renolds who is very funny indeed! I was suprised to be laffing soo much and he was a great choise to be the butt of every joke.
Parker Posey is interesting too, sexy in a way as well! but doesnt get to do too much exept get abuse and do a few jokes and pull the gurney vampire face. Jessica Biel is tops, but she is a little to powerfull for a little girl really, but shes sexy and does her stuff well in her action bits of which she gets a few nice ones.

Wesley, well he is as in the other films, just not as good. I cannot put my finger on it why? but as with the rest of the film theres a strange feeling to it and at times its just odd comparing it to the greatness of parts 1 and 2.

Action and Fights are fine and theres some nice vampire action in there, with plenty of vampire dustings going on, but you do get a little tired after about 60 vampire dustings, as they seem to be a lot alike at times, the other 2 films had more variety I think, but while I say that they do look nice and some die in good ways.

Wesley is in tip top condition and pulls off some of the best moves he has done in all his other films, he doesnt get as many action pieces as in the other films, but he gets some which are up there with the best. The begining action set piece is very interesting and memorable. But his kicking in one scene is very impressive! he takes on loads of people and really gets to shine as a very compitent and quick fighter and its the 1st time I have looked at him and thought yes he can fight very well, he could always fight yes, but the one scene in this film made me think he is better than I thought he ever was.

Theres some dodgy CGI for sure, in fact none of the CGI impressed me at all and some was just crappy for me, compared to the 100% perfect CGI in part 2 its very suprising as Blade 2 for me while not 100% perfect all the time has some perfect shots! which mainly were on the Reapers faces and the staggering dustings, but Blade Trinity isnt as clean and as well done. Theres some shots which made me cringe as they just were not finished at all :( and some shots just didnt work as they were silly ideas in the 1st place done for comedy.

They have cut back on the CGI humans, but still some shots are very apparent that they are CGI humans. I loved some shots in Blade 2 of Luke Goss jumping about and some Wesley shots too, but they are not as many shots in part 3 and what they do have aint perfect at all and in fact many CGI shots are blury for some reason!
Some Bad CGI I would mention, but they contain spoilers, but lets say the Big Bad Guy of the film is embaresing at times :(

Also its pretty violent in places, arms are snapped and eyes gouged out and headbutts galore, so its as violent as the other 2 easy so just because its a 15 doesnt mean its cut back much, its still far from a Kiddie film.

I may be sounding negative but hey thats what I am hear for :)
I think its a film that may be better 2nd viewing on dvd I hope, and hope the dvd has all the extra footage back in that they are promising us.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Well I didnt know you hadnt seen it Brad, sorry :) I wasnt sure they were DVD Times reviews at first :doh:
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Once again Romero is spot on, although I'd give Blade Trinity 4/5.

It is the weakest and yes it's flawed, but I thought it was still a damn good film.

And yeah, I don't care for any negative reviews of this film. I enjoyed it and that's all that matters to me. ;)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hey it is a shame theres a few problems :( but I guess we couldnt have a film as good as parts 1and 2 really.

I just hope they do part 4 like they said they would and get Guliero Del Toro back (or however you spell his name ) as he said he will come back if he gets the film 100% his way and no interferance at all, he wants to do the Vapire armageddon where its the final days and Vamps are finally making the Big Move :)

would he heaven, but Blade Trinity at the mo hasnt done as good cashwise as part 2, so we will have to wait to see how the figures tally :)
Ricochan38
Flirting Scholar

Post by Ricochan38 »

I watched it last week and i would give it 4 out of 5

Just a good action flick, same as the other ones.