Must buy DVDs/HD Discs (2009)

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:I checked Amazon.de and no English interface as I thought.
do you really need one?buying from Amazon.de is a routine point & click exercise from start to finish.agreed the postage cost is shit but if it was something i really wanted.....
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just use Amazon UK in another window as a guide Mark :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

HungFist wrote:But the currency rate fluctuations don't affect on Euro customers. The prices are the same as they were two years ago.
Even so, people's local economies will be different meaning the cost of a Euro DVD will be more in one country than the other. Even if the currency rate fluctuations aren't an issue. No?

But then German and French DVDs have always been a rip off, long before the financial crisis. Average price for both seems to always be £20 before postage, when average price for a DVD in The UK is under £10.
Markgway wrote:Amazon. de I take it? So you have to add several € in postage. Also I'm not comfortable placing an order on a website without English interface.
It's actually dead simple, especially with Amazon. I've done it a few times on several sites. I have a translator open in another tab and copy/paste words I don't understand into it. Customer Services always speak English too.

Like Salty says the interface is identical for Amazon, so you don't have to know what each word says. Grim's idea is a good one too.

I never look at the cost of postage but instead the overall total cost and if it's still either A: A good price or B: It's the best DVD and I want it. I'll lump it and pay up. I paid £25 for Leon German BD. A rip off but it was a title I wanted and I do it so rarely it's fine.

I don't spend any more now I buy BDs. I just buy less BDs to compensate.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

bradavon wrote:
HungFist wrote:But the currency rate fluctuations don't affect on Euro customers. The prices are the same as they were two years ago.
Even so, people's local economies will be different meaning the cost of a Euro DVD will be more in one country than the other. Even if the currency rate fluctuations aren't an issue. No?
Now I'm not following. I get just as much money (€) this month as I did last year in April. And the new German dvds have the same price tag (€) today as they had a year ago (or possibly lower). The economic crisis doesn't raise the price in any way.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i want to get Fistful Of Dollars BD from Italy,price works out at over £30 though :?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

HungFist wrote:Now I'm not following. I get just as much money (€) this month as I did last year in April. And the new German dvds have the same price tag (€) today as they had a year ago (or possibly lower). The economic crisis doesn't raise the price in any way.
If local prices for groceries etc... have gone up and people are losing their jobs, this matters not, anyway it's not important.
saltysam wrote:i want to get Fistful Of Dollars BD from Italy,price works out at over £30 though :?
Original mono?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

£30 is crazy cash :D mono or no mono.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Original mono on this disc,yes.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Can anyone confirm the postage you pay at Amazon.de. If I do decide to place an order I want to know exactly what I'm paying. It says €6. But is that per package or per item? How much postage would it cost me to buy two items? Thx.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:Can anyone confirm the postage you pay at Amazon.de. If I do decide to place an order I want to know exactly what I'm paying. It says €6. But is that per package or per item? How muchpostage would it cost me to buy two items? Thx.
just for you i put two dvds totalling 19.23 euro in my basket and this is what it shows

Bestellungsübersicht Amazon.de
Artikel: EUR 16,72
Verpackung & Versand EUR 6,00

Gesamtsumme ohne MwSt.: EUR 22,72
MwSt.: EUR 3,41
Gesamtbestellwert: EUR 26,13
Rechnungssumme: GBP 24.36**
Ihre Zahlung erfolgt in GBP
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:just for you i put two dvds totalling 19.23 euro in my basket and this is what it shows

Bestellungsübersicht Amazon.de
Artikel: EUR 16,72
€19,23 or €16,72? You've confused me already... lol
MwSt.: EUR 3,41
WTF is this??
Gesamtbestellwert: EUR 26,13
Rechnungssumme: GBP 24.36**
You see how unbelieably shit the £ is?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Have you never heard of such a thing as a "universal translator" ;). Salty has already done half the work for you because you couldn't be bothered.

£24 seems about normal for a German DVD. They've always cost a bomb.
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Post by diceman »

Markgway wrote:
saltysam wrote:MwSt.: EUR 3,41
WTF is this??
Taxes. ;) They're calculated seperately and added upon the final amount.
And usually German DVDs cost about 12-20 EUROS; that's why I get most of my flicks used, or I trade them.

What do you want do buy?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Taxes? Fuck's sake.

The German titles I'm looking for are:

THE FATE OF LEE KHAN (WGF)
RAINING IN THE MOUNTAIN (WGF)
THE PRODGIAL SON (Savoy)
EASTERN CONDORS (Eyecatcher)
BURNING PARADISE (Mo Asia - I know it's letterboxed but it's still the only subbed version available)
THE BLOOD BROTHERS
SHAOLIN TEMPLE (Chang Cheh)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Is the German DVD of Raining in the Mountain better than the French?
I thought the Mo Asia Burning Paradise has been OOP for years (HK Flix don't have that anymore).

Saying that I'd like to find the German "Dragon Inn" (1967).
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote: BURNING PARADISE (Mo Asia - I know it's letterboxed but it's still the only subbed version available)
Discotek will release this remastered later (this year?)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'll wait for that then :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Is the German DVD of Raining in the Mountain better than the French?
No idea. The French one is hard to find.
Saying that I'd like to find the German "Dragon Inn" (1967).
Beware the German dubbed only edition. Even the Mandarin (with English subtitles) edition is only letterboxed (2.35) and not anamorphic. I think the recent Taiwanese DVD is the same.
HungFist wrote:
Markgway wrote: BURNING PARADISE (Mo Asia - I know it's letterboxed but it's still the only subbed version available)
Discotek will release this remastered later (this year?)
Where are they based?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Discotek. The US company that remastered Ebola Syndrome and A Chinese Torture Chamber Story. US.

They will also release Taxi Hunter.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I wonder if Dragon Inn will be remastered? I think HK Flix sell the Mandarin version with English subs (German DVD), I didnt know there was a German dubbed edition.
Where can you get the Taiwan DVD from? That might be cheaper than the German version.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote: Where can you get the Taiwan DVD from? That might be cheaper than the German version.
is this the one you are on about?

http://www.yesasia.com/global/dragon-in ... /info.html

review

http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-dragon-inn-1967-6315
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Probably... but - ah, YesAsia says no English subs :(
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:I wonder if Dragon Inn will be remastered? I think HK Flix sell the Mandarin version with English subs (German DVD), I didnt know there was a German dubbed edition.
HK Flix sells bootlegs so watch it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

They don't "only" sell bootlegs though. I had a legit DVD from them a few years back. No problem with their service either. I cannot remember what the DVD was though.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I don't think this one is a boot:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536 ... etails.htm

It's not cheap, $25 :(