http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.co ... sku=D55293++
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Hope this is true...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Hmmm... wonder if it will be uncut and uncencored (color instead of black and white fight).
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Don't know, but I liked the b&w effect. When I watched the Japanese cut, the colour didn't do a lot for me. The additional brutality did, though.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I dont know, it's been a while since I've seen kill Bill, but I do remember not caring much for the black and white. The blood look black and like lemonade.
The B/W'd it to censor it, so personally I'm not a big fan of that anyway, so I hope they will now just have the scene in color.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

The B&W - Colour issue isn't particularly important to me, what is though is that in the Japanese version the House of Blue Leaves fight sequence is edited far better, and the fight is improved quite a bit. All those little edits they made to appease the MPAA affected the fight sequence a hell of a lot more than the switch to B&W.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Really? Damn I should probably watch the J-cut asap.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Interesting... dunno if I'll double dip though.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

I prob will not buy these if they are the same as the jap release. I have both japanese dvds, each of them have their own rider cover :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I have the JP of Vol 1 and the UK of Vol 2, I might buy to see how it would work as a single movie, if its a US DVD, wont the film be based on the US versions?
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I actually like them as two parts, as the first part has that awesome cliffhanger. It wouldn't work that well if it was one movie.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I prefer them as two parts as well, otherwise the movie is too long.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

True, 4 hours does seem really long for a MA type movie, thats as long as Ben-Hur and GWTW.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Still not gonna happen, that sites just making stuff up I say. Many sites have done that over the past few years, doesnt make it so. Esspecially when Quentins said they havent even started on the extras yet. Esspecially a site as crap as that for solid info :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:Still not gonna happen, that sites just making stuff up I say. Many sites have done that over the past few years, doesnt make it so. Esspecially when Quentins said they havent even started on the extras yet. Esspecially a site as crap as that for solid info :D
Maybe it isn't true but what would be the point of the site making it up? :shock:
Barbarian King
Jade Tiger

Post by Barbarian King »

Cool. I just sold the current DVD's this week. Commando, Kill Bill, and Death Proof all on 9/18. That's a helluva date for DVD's right there.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

What's Death Proof?
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Tarantino's latest film. But out already in September?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

grim_tales wrote:What's Death Proof?
His half of Grindhouse. Use the IMDB or google next time.
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 09 Jun 2007, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

I prefer the House of Blue Leaves in B&W, it really seems to have been made for it. In the full colour cut you see plain water spurting from 88's in one place and the music doesn't really cover the full thing so you get these odd drop outs.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

EvaUnit02 wrote:His half of Grindhouse. Use the IMDB or google next time.
Can a moderator get on this? It's just all the time.

DON'T USE A FORUM THEN.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Get on what? Eva has a point but also gets too worked up about it IMO. We all ask questions, get over it.

As for this release I'm pleased it's coming but doubt I'll buy it. I'd like some KBV1 extras but KBV2 is so poor for almost the whole entirety of the film I couldn't watch it again. It's such a let down after KBV1, the ending especially all the hype for that???

p.s - Death proof "on paper" sounds cool.
gojensen
King of Beggars

Post by gojensen »

Someone please change Eva's title or nick to "google-it-ass"... I'm getting tired of those... Man... :lol:
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:
romerojpg wrote:Still not gonna happen, that sites just making stuff up I say. Many sites have done that over the past few years, doesnt make it so. Esspecially when Quentins said they havent even started on the extras yet. Esspecially a site as crap as that for solid info :D
Maybe it isn't true but what would be the point of the site making it up? :shock:
Why have so many other done it also? becuase they are idiots thats why.

Many sites have made up release dates and taken orders for dvds that never have come, who knows what these idiots think, I dont care really, nor should any of us :D
sky75
Pedicab Driver

Post by sky75 »

bradavon wrote:Get on what? Eva has a point but also gets too worked up about it IMO. We all ask questions, get over it.

As for this release I'm pleased it's coming but doubt I'll buy it. I'd like some KBV1 extras but KBV2 is so poor for almost the whole entirety of the film I couldn't watch it again. It's such a let down after KBV1, the ending especially all the hype for that???

p.s - Death proof "on paper" sounds cool.

I like Kill Bill Volume 2 however it was a massive anti-climax after the end of Kill Bill Volume 1. I think for kill Bill to work as one long film it would have to be completely re-edited as both volumes feel completely different and you can't just stick them together. that'd be interesting.

To be fair I think the film should never have been called kill Bill but instead Kill O-Ren-ishie ( sorry about spelling) but that doesn't have the same ring to it. :|

By the way is Death Proof not being released on the same DVD as Rodriguez's part of grind house?