Twin Peaks S2 dated?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Twin Peaks S2 dated?

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I'll take this with a grain of salt til we see an official announcement, but anyway ezydvd lists the release date as 2nd Nov 2006.

Twin Peaks - Season 2: Special Edition

Twin Peaks - The Complete Collection
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Great news thanks. Is the Season 1 by Paramount?

Did they only make two seasons?
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Excellent, Finally!!!! Can't wait to get this, I have Season 1 UK, which has the pilot version (USA don't have this due to right), so will love to get season 2...

But can't get too excited, like you said Eva, take this with a grain of salt. Season 2 has been delayed too much.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Did they only make two seasons?
Paramount own the show. Artisan made & produced the S1 set and distributed the show in the US til their license/lease was up, US rights reverted back to Paramount - Paramount distributed S1 set worldwide, except in UK (Universal have/had leased the UK rights from them for the current time being/up until recently. I have no idea if their lease has expired.). Paramount have probably licensed the DVD content that Artisan produced (like MGM/Disney/etc. licensing Criterion produced extras).

I'll definitely double-dip S1 if the the pilot is remastered (pilot wasn't remastered by Artisan cuz they didn't hold the US rights at the time).

EDIT: OHHH, misread your question! Yeah, only two seasons were produced.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

EvaUnit02 wrote:I'll definitely double-dip S1 if the the pilot is remastered (pilot wasn't remastered by Artisan cuz they didn't hold the US rights at the time).
However the UK edition pilot was remastered as far as I can see, and included in the boxset :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

The picture quality is inferior on the UK pilot compared to the rest of the episodes on the UK.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Eva.

Is it much worse quality?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

It's nothing to be concerned about or anything, it is just of a noticeably different quality compared to the rest of the series. (If you're referring to what I said).
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

slasher13 wrote:However the UK edition pilot was remastered as far as I can see
Bullshit. The S1 episodes were remastered under Lynch's supervision (eg they were colour-corrected to be given a red tinge) and Lynch personally remixed the audio into 5.1 in his studio. The pilot is noticeably inferior picture quality and is only in DD2.0 Surround.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Naughty Eva, swearing like that :), I will submit you to the Human Instrumentality Project ;)

I was actually comparing the pilot to the Taiwan - (Catalyst Logic / Republic Pictures) version which as far as i know is the only other version available (apart from r4).

So to my eyes, yes they was remastered :)
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Finally time to resurrect this thread with new information
DavisDVD wrote: Paramount Home Entertainment has finally revealed artwork and a release date for their upcoming and highly anticipated release of the second and final season of "Twin Peaks." Newly posted listings by several Region 2 online retailers reveal that Twin Peaks: Season Two will be split into two halves, with the first three-disc boxed set due on January 31st, 2007 (happy birthday to me!) and the final half of the series due in April 2007. No official details have been released quite yet, but we do know that the episodes have been completely remastered by David Lynch with new high definition fullscreen transfers and remixed 5.1 tracks (possibly DTS). In the meantime, Amazon Germany has posted a first look at the packaging for the set.

It also appears, via Amazon Germany, that a Twin Peaks: the Complete Mystery is due in October 2007. Whether this the complete first two seasons combined together - including a high-def remastered pilot episode that was missing from Artisan's 2001 box set - is as yet unknown. Stay tuned.
Now time to sell of my season 1 and get the complete mystery.. It would be nice if they could pack Fire walk with me as well :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Ace :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

slasher13 wrote:Now time to sell of my season 1 and get the complete mystery.. It would be nice if they could pack Fire walk with me as well :)
You've no idea what it contains but are getting rid anyway?

How much do you want for it? You have UK R2 right? I'm interested.

p.s - Cheers Slasher.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Twin Peaks: S2 up at DVD Times: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63581

:D :D :D

It will go nicely with my S1 set (Thanks Slasher).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Can the Fire Walk with Me Korean 2 Disc SE still be picked up?

I can only find it period at DVDFromKorea.com: http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=2053

And then it's out of stock/print :(

If not I thought I'd pick up the UK R2 (which looks better than the R1) cheapest at Sendit.com (£7.89): http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000101241
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Can the Fire Walk with Me Korean 2 Disc SE still be picked up?
I got mine from HKflix in like late 2005, but they no longer have it now.
bradavon wrote:If not I thought I'd pick up the UK R2 (which looks better than the R1) cheapest at Sendit.com (£7.89): http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000101241
Don't get the R2. Only the R1's restoration/remixing was supervised personally by Lynch (R3K is a direct port).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Don't get the R2. Only the R1's restoration/remixing was supervised personally by Lynch (R3K is a direct port).
Differing opinion saying to get the R2:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=57772

In short removable subs (important) plus more Lynch like colours. It's one of those where they look about as good as each other. I'm getting the UK R2 as it's cheaper, both to me look fine.

I won't get any until April though after I've seen S2. There's no point until then.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

DVD specs:-
This long-awaited complete second season release will include English DD5.1 Surround and the original 2.0 audio alongside an optional Spanish dub. The promotional material describes the set as...
"Approved by David Lynch the Second Season contains 22 episodes digitally restored from high definition masters, 5.1 Surround Sound and is loaded with new in-depth interviews and introductions."

Source= dvdtimes
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Cheers Eva.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Sweet! I'll get it soon. Have you ordered it?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Have you ordered it?
Not yet. I'll get it eventually though. I've waited this long, I can go a bit longer.
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver

Post by jimmyscab »

I've got mine. Axelmusic shipped them about 2 weeks early.

The box is a bit flimsy compared to the gorgeous S1 packaging. But its the discs I really care about.

Transfer looks great, however it is different compared to S1. The colours look more natural compared to the the reddish hue of S1. It is also a lot more grainy making it look a lot sharper.

The sound is also not as good, I didnt notice wide surround effects. But it doesn't bother me that much given it is a TV series from the early 90s. But its just annoying that its different to S1, I like to have consistency. However 22 episodes it a lot to go through. I understand they spent quite of a lot of time on the S1 transfer. Oh theres no original 2.0 soundtrack btw, the 5.1 track pretty much sounded like 2.0 anyway.

I finally found out who killed Laura Palmer :twisted:

I still need to make my way through the rest. I heard that Lynch lost interest and it goes downhill from here before it picks up at the end when he came back.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Does it have the 'previously on Twin Peaks' bits cut off the start of the episodes?
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver

Post by jimmyscab »

yup, they are not on there.

I fast forwarded those bits on S1 anyway.