Terminator Blu-ray

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Terminator Blu-ray

Post by bradavon »

It looks like it's coming in May:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... ator2.html

I'd be amazed if this was simply a re-release of the US BD. That's single layer, MPEG2, PCM 5.1 and no extras. Can you see anyone releasing a disc like that in 2012?
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Re: Terminator Blu-ray

Post by IronMonkey »

I read a post by Van Ling the other day saying the remastered version is still on hold until they can get Cameron and Scwarzenegger involved. This will just be a reissue.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

They can shove that up their arse.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

IronMonkey wrote:I read a post by Van Ling the other day saying the remastered version is still on hold until they can get Cameron and Scwarzenegger involved. This will just be a reissue.
A barebones or lacklustre release is more likely. The USA BD is so old and uses techniques they all dropped years ago. I still say a reissue is very unlikely.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Either way, it isn't going to be the Lowry restoration, so this disc is a pointless release.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

But when is that coming? It could be years.

As long as the AV is acceptable I'll get it. I don't care about extras. A proper MPEG4 HD picture with Lossless 5.1 and I'm in.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

bradavon wrote:A proper MPEG4 HD picture with Lossless mono and I'm in.
Fixed.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

IronMonkey wrote:
bradavon wrote:A proper MPEG4 HD picture with Lossless mono and I'm in.
Fixed.
:thumbs:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Most 5.1 remixes are awful but I love the Terminator remix. It adds so much, mono couldn't handle. I doubt this will get mono.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I've heard the 5.1 remix and it's new foley madness.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Van Ling is well aware that pretty much everyone who loves the film hated the 5.1 remix with its awful foley effects. He is working on the new Blu-ray and he is pushing hard for the original mono track. Only complete fools like the 5.1 track.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

IronMonkey wrote:Van Ling is well aware that pretty much everyone who loves the film hated the 5.1 remix with its awful foley effects. He is working on the new Blu-ray and he is pushing hard for the original mono track.
On the US BD I expect it'll have both (maybe a new 7.1 mix how knows) but the UK BD will just get the remix.
Markgway wrote:I've heard the 5.1 remix and it's new foley madness.
In this case, :thumbs:. Guys it's Terminator, explosions and shit are the name of the game. This isn't some talky.
IronMonkey wrote:Van Ling is well aware that pretty much everyone who loves the film hated the 5.1 remix with its awful foley effects
I doubt that. The average buyer doesn't even know what foley is. "Many fans hated it", is more accurate.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'll wait and see - I hope the remaster is released sometime down the line!
What's holding up Arnie and Cameron being involved? Its great Van is pushing for the remaster though and trying to get the original Mono.
It should at least be offered as an option.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Cameron's busy on Titanic 3D and Imagine Arnie on getting back into movies.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I've seen this is coming in November:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/2763 ... oduct.html

Not sure if its just a reissue though :?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

As discussed previously I'd be amazed if it's a re-issue. Whether it'll be the Special Edition everyone wants is another matter.

I'll just repeat what I said earlier "As long as the AV is acceptable I'll get it. I don't care about extras. A proper MPEG4 HD picture with Lossless 5.1 and I'm in.". There's no need for anyone repeat they disagree with me though.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Why bother repeating yourself then?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm being a leftie and pretentious :D.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

No, you're being annoying as usual.

You can't repeat yourself and then say 'oh, but no one else should'.

Everytime you say all you want is 5.1, I'll reply with all I want is original mono.

Deal with it.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

All I want is original mono. We are right, bradavon is wrong. Plain and simple.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

I couldn't give a shit about mono.....as long as there is no new foley, I'm happy. :thumbs:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

luckystars wrote:...as long as there is no new foley...
And that's exactly why you should care about the mono track!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:Every time you say all you want is 5.1, I'll reply with all I want is original mono.

Deal with it.
That's me told :D. Original Mono and 5.1 remix = Is that a fair compromise? I'd be as pissed if the 5.1 remix was dropped for the Mono. Thankfully it would never happen. I can't stand many 5.1 remixes (most HK studios, most anchor bay) but the Terminator one great. I don't care this time the foley is added because it enhances the movie.

If it were stereo it would be one thing but an action film like Terminator in Mono, WTF! Why is't it stereo anyway? The film's not that old.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

luckystars wrote:I couldn't give a shit about mono.....as long as there is no new foley, I'm happy. :thumbs:
The Terminator remix contains new foley so your point here is moot.
bradavon wrote:If it were stereo it would be one thing but an action film like Terminator in Mono, WTF! Why is't it stereo anyway? The film's not that old.
It was low budget. Many modest productions were released in mono until the end of the 80s. Stereo was still a bit of a studio luxury.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

The problem is that the original mono on many HK discs is horrible quality and can go out of sync etc. so their remastered 5.1 tracks are actually preferable.