Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Jaggies you on the whole see them when things move :D you cannot really see them at all if the screen is static and the action is not moving on screen. The futher back from the screen you get the less you will see them, but there is a point that you think stuff this!!! why do I have to move away from my screen for this shitty transfer only?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Thanks for making me laugh out loud guys, I needed that :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i always sit on the couch,about 8ft away from my 46 tv.
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

I'm a little worried at the speed these are allegedly coming out from the date of the announcement,hope they've done right by them!!
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I guess if they spent time doing them right years ago, it may be a simple process of just messing with them a little and sticking them on a disc, hopefully quality work :D

I cannot see them pleasing everyone thats for sure, after all they are Bruce Lee films and the hardcore fans will never be fully happy :D unless they get a free copy of Bruce's death certificate
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

It is very soon. I hope they're not just re-using the HD transfers they made all those eons ago.
romerojpg wrote:I cannot see them pleasing everyone thats for sure, after all they are Bruce Lee films and the hardcore fans will never be fully happy :D
You reckon? Not in a billion years.

I guarantee Mark and Yi will have a right old moan, guaranteed. It's impossible to get these rights, in their eyes. Contrary to what they may say of course.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

When did Yi moan about Bruce Lee films? I know Mark does about pinkifying though ;)
I sit a few feet away (I think) at least from my 28" TV (I watch it from my bed usually).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Speaking generally, Grim. Speaking generally!
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver

Post by Old Pang Yau »

Well, back on topic, asianblurayguide.com has the Bruce Lee blu-rays aimed for June 15, 2009... however, this was probably a random date chosen as it's right in the middle of June. I expect to see proper dates on DDDHouse or YesAsia.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Fingers crossed the prices are insane. HK BDs (unlike DVDs) tend to cost loads!
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Fingers crossed the prices are insane. HK BDs (unlike DVDs) tend to cost loads!
So you'd want the BDs to be expensive? WTF?
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver

Post by Old Pang Yau »

I'm hoping he meant AREN'T insane :mrgreen: But yeah, if they're $40 or more, it'll remind me of ten years ago when all of the Bruce Lee Universe DVDs were roughly that same price. I remember spending $50 for the limited edition Mega Star Fist of Fury DVD with the Bruce Lee coasters when I was 13... that's what happens when you're WAY too excited about finally getting your first DVD player :P
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Malaysia and Thailand will be releasing the Lee films on BD as well, if they come with Eng subs I'd imagine they'd prove cheaper alternatives to the HK releases.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Oops typo, you knew what I meant.
Malaysia and Thailand will be releasing the Lee films on BD as well, if they come with Eng subs I'd imagine they'd prove cheaper alternatives to the HK releases.
Aren't they still expensive though? Hopefully you're right. Do eThaiCD stock BDs?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:I'm a little worried at the speed these are allegedly coming out from the date of the announcement,hope they've done right by them!!
They usually only make announcements at the last minute in HK. If you want to know what Joy Sales are putting out you have to wait until the week before to find out.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote:Malaysia and Thailand will be releasing the Lee films on BD as well, if they come with Eng subs I'd imagine they'd prove cheaper alternatives to the HK releases.
You'd have to beware of censorship though. Also they could replace a Mandarin track with a Thai one. Many things that could go wrong.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'll give you the soundtrack issue for sure but I'd imagine the cuts will largely be re-used from the original master.

I believe the Thai DVDs of other Bruce Lee Fortune Star DVDs have just done this. Besides Thai censorship is utterly bizarre in that I doubt they'd have anything to actually complain about.

Back on the soundtrack front, I've said before I've zero issue with Cantonese here but fair enough I know you do.
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver

Post by Old Pang Yau »

Sooo... any news on any of these blu-rays? Been searching every day for something... dried up pretty fast. Nothing about the Bruce Lee, Police Story, or OUATIC BRs. :roll: Maybe I'm just too impatient :P
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I suspect you are ;). I'm sure they'll appear soon enough.
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver

Post by Old Pang Yau »

Yeah... still not sure why they dropped Game of Death though. Sure, it's not 100% Bruce Lee (Hell, not even 50%), but it'd be great to see the final fights in HD. Eh, maybe they'll make a Game of Death two pack later on :P
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm guessing cost, to keep the cost of the box set down.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Game of Death is fucking garbage, it's an insult to package that shameless exploitation bile with the proper Bruce Lee films. Only the 40 min recut of footage that Bruce shot is worth seeing.
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver

Post by Old Pang Yau »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Game of Death is fucking garbage, it's an insult to package that shameless exploitation bile with the proper Bruce Lee films. Only the 40 min recut of footage that Bruce shot is worth seeing.
Well, a blu-ray of Bruce Lee in G.O.D would be nice :wink: Although I don't think blu-ray has taken off much in Japan yet. Not too sure, honestly.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Game of Death is fucking garbage, it's an insult to package that shameless exploitation bile with the proper Bruce Lee films. Only the 40 min recut of footage that Bruce shot is worth seeing.
Amen.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Markgway wrote:
Amen.
and a double hail Mary.

Fuck Game of Death I say.