EiV Blu-rays 1080i 50Hz?!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

EiV Blu-rays 1080i 50Hz?!

Post by gasteropod »

I never see reviews for EiV Blu-rays, so I've just been searching the net for some information on how they fare, and found this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=987253

No surprises there, I wish EiV would just go away; why the hell can't New Line distribute here :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I am not at all surprised :x . Good question. I wish New Line would :(

It seems people have decided to completely avoid them, you never see them in sales either. A fair few people have imported PS3s too which won't work with EIV BDs.

Also from that link:
cybersoga wrote:It's running time is 101m 18s. It's not running at 24fps, it's running at 50 fields per second, which equates to 25 frames per second or PAL speed. Assuming it was shot in 24fps it's speeded up, soundtrack voices and all.
It's more reason for me to go Region A and stick to New Line releases instead, that isn't a sarcastic statement btw :) .

EIV are an utter joke and make my blood boil. I wish they'd go bankrupt and stop taking the rights to so many films better companies could release instead. Let me see:

1. The only UK only studio to consistently use BD Region Coding.
2. A complete lack of HD Audio support, they re-use the DD5.1/DTS from their DVDs.
3. Sub-par Picture Quality.
4. Absolutely atrocious cover art quality. I've seen bootlegs that have a more professional cover.

Thankfully in most cases their films are already released by decent American studios. I only own 2-3 EIV DVDs (such as the uncut History of Violence, cut in America) as I despise them!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Don't forget this about their Crow BD:
I am not very happy as this disk will not play in 1080i, it will only play in standard def. This will only play in 1080 via HDMI and not component. Could this be one of those awfull disks that are encrypted so that you have to view it over an HDMI cable instead of component.

Also mpeg2 so image is really grainy and I would go as far as to say this is the worst looking movie I have on BD
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=13580
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Has anyone ever seen any EIV BD reviews? Does anyone own any? What are they like?

Okay they're shit but I still find it odd I've not ever seen one EIV review, not one. I guess they don't even send review copies out. I also guess everyone is importing even if they have a Region B player.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Since New Line have been swallowed by Warners I wonder how this will affect upcoming "New Line" discs (in the USA) and indeed their relationship with EIV?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Ahh it's happened now has it, cool, that should mean region-free Warner discs in place of the New Line ones.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

But when it will actually change? EIV are still releasing BDs. "The Golden Compass" released in March by New Line, EIV in April.

If it does happen it won't change much any time soon.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

More shit encrusted discs from EiV:-
My lovely girlfriend bought me Death Sentence Blu last week and I was well chuffed, however on viewing there was a 1080p menu with 1080i feature! Needless to say I was gutted so I'd certainly complain about Entertain video too, they're shocking for even contemplating such a transfer.
source
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

WTF! :D

You have to laugh at such incompetence.

Their BD profits must be lower than they expected. I never hear of people buying EIV BDs. Thank fuck for the Internet. We can all mostly completely ignore them.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

If anyone finds out whether or not the EiV BD of Dark City is proper 1080p 24fps, please can you let me know on here, thanks.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: EiV Blu-rays 1080i 50Hz?!

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re:

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:If anyone finds out whether or not the EiV BD of Dark City is proper 1080p 24fps, please can you let me know on here, thanks.
but the disc is SHIT :lol: shocking transfer, well unless you love Plastic people on your screen. I fel sad and wanted to cry after suffering that Blu Ray.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

That's New Line's not EIV's fault though.

Thanks Gas.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:That's New Line's not EIV's fault though.

Thanks Gas.
It is EIV's fault, they released it, they could have made a brand spanking new transfer if they wanted to spend some time and cash doing so, they went the cheap way and bought the New Line transfer.

Both companies are scumlords mind you for putting such a transfer out.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Yup I hate the Dark City transfer, it's a damn shame that it got released before Warner took them over as I'd imagine Warner would have done a better job than that.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

We can but hope the next Uber format makes it look good.