The Terminator & Terminator 2 HD Releases!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

But after that rant, you still can't give us a link to any of these forums can you?
IronMonkey wrote:Digtital
That was quite an obvious typo, as in I caught the "t" key twice. I was pointing out that you have often spelt "probably" as "probibly" in a lot of your posts.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

If I remembered where I read every single thing on the net over the last 8 years, I would be a high end Terminator model.

a good start would be http://www.avsforum.com there are more than a few people who do it a living on there and are involved in many discs you will own. I have many times talked to people who work on the discs and give more info than you would ever need to know.

and as for spelling, I do not care, my job is typing for a living and I get 99.5% accuracy (without a stupid word checker), so I know what I am doing, but as I dont get paid on the net, I do not care.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:If I remembered where I read every single thing on the net over the last 8 years, I would be a high end Terminator model.
Ha ha classic Romero reply, when he's talking BS.
romerojpg wrote:and as for spelling, I do not care, my job is typing for a living and I get 99.5% accuracy (without a stupid word checker), so I know what I am doing, but as I dont get paid on the net, I do not care.
Probably or Probibily is a very simple one to correct though. Not that I'd bother correcting you.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

If you know so much - provide a link rather than baseless conjecture. It's not hard....
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Think for more than 5 seconds about what your saying its cheap to stick an audio track onto a Blu Ray :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: right.

I have already stated many reasons as to why its not. I guess they are all made up Bullshit reasons that never ever happen :lol: shows you how little you know about anything really then.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

discs are piss cheap to produce these days.it's why the likes of HMV can have 4 for £20 sales of fairly recent releases and still make a profit.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:If you know so much - provide a link rather than baseless conjecture. It's not hard....
Nice retort. I like it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I think Romero means create originally not re-produce, although we all know he's taking out his Uranus.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Coming from you bradavon, thats classy.

Go onto a Big mans forum and ask how much it costs to make a dvd etc.. instead of being a lazy bugger and "Thinking" you know, as its obvious none of you have a clue.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:Coming from you bradavon, thats classy.

Go onto a Big mans forum and ask how much it costs to make a dvd etc.. instead of being a lazy bugger and "Thinking" you know, as its obvious none of you have a clue.
One question Romero-do you back these billionaire studios who don't bother to put the original mono track on a disc?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Surely creating a new remixed track with bells and whistles is more expensive than reusing the original mono/stereo/whatever track, even if it were to be cleaned up?! :?
Thats assuming the original soundtrack is complete of course and can be easily obtained.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Coming from you bradavon, thats classy.
I'm a classy chap.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

romerojpg wrote:Many people on here go to the same forums as me and will have read the info, you just dont obviously take any of it in and remember it.
11 minutes later.....
romerojpg wrote:If I remembered where I read every single thing on the net over the last 8 years, I would be a high end Terminator model.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

romerojpg wrote:I have already stated many reasons as to why its not. I guess they are all made up Bullshit reasons that never ever happen :lol: shows you how little you know about anything really then.
You couldn't have stated those reasons because a friend of mine on the avsforums who is a consultant at a firm with the top physiologist and neurologist in the world chatted to me online one day and told me people are physically and mentally incapable of posting true statements on the internet. Of course I don't remember the name of these guys or the link to the website where they gave me pure unadulterated evidence, but I remember the facts, oh yes! So there I have just given you all EVIDENCE damn it, stop ignoring the true voice of this world!!!!!

THAT is scientific FACT!!
dvdvision
Pedicab Driver

Post by dvdvision »

Yes, but the 5.1 remix was full of errors, with some added sounds that are pretty much crap from the gun firing, they need to be fixed for a reissue, as of now, the mono mix rule.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I think you'll find you're speaking to the converted ;).

Although I like the 5.1 remix.
dvdvision
Pedicab Driver

Post by dvdvision »

I like some parts of it too, I'm sure all the problems will be fixed on the next Blu reissue.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I hope but am not sure.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Lionsgate announces new T2 Blu-ray sets.

"Skynet Edition" and "Limited Edition Terminator 2 Complete Collector's Set". The latter bundled with the UE and EE DVD sets, strange idea, but it would be definitive. The text-based supplement (several hundred pages long) on the UE is excellent, encompassing every detail of production. It was a direct port-over from the LD SE.

No specs revealed yet. Let's hope for a remaster of both the TC and Special Edition Cut (the deleted scenes too), with lossless audio. While the current masters used for present HD-DVDs/BDs releases were decent, it could definitely use a new one.

Brad, I told you that a BD release like this would be coming to tie in with T4's release. The German HD-DVD set wasn't worth the premium, especially since the PQ/AQ was reportedly hardly better than the barebones Studio Canal HD-DVD. You've said yourself that extras don't matter much to you these days.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I wonder what the seventh disc will be? The previous DVD releases have been 2 disc SEs.

It's pretty safe to guess the UK Optimum BD will be the same as the USA one. I doubt they'll give us the same LE DVDs though. Likely the BD with the head.

I'll certainly consider upgrading but really I'm more interested in T1.
Brad, I told you that a BD release like this would be coming to tie in with T4's release.
I don't recall disagreeing with you.
The German HD-DVD set wasn't worth the premium
And I still wanted to buy it when I did. I doubt there's anything I'll want to upgrade to. All I've ever been interested in is the Extended Cut.
Especially since the PQ/AQ was reportedly hardly better than the barebones Studio Canal HD-DVD. You've said yourself that extras don't matter much to you these days.
And I still wanted to buy it when I did. The T2 deleted scenes are pretty cool. It's T2! All rules have exceptions.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Terminator 2 SE USA BD Trailer:

http://uk.bluray.ign.com/dor/objects/89 ... 22009.html

It worked perfectly for me using the High-Res. version and displaying full-screen. Man this looks awesome! I still cannot see myself upgrading, unless it's cheap.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

DVD Times says $29.95.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Its mine on release day. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Hasta la vista, DVD. 8)