Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 19 Sep 2011, 18:43

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14945467

Not sure I agree with this - how is someone praying in public hurting you?
I dont know of other religions praying in the street though.

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby romerojpg » 19 Sep 2011, 19:21

If I trip over another Muslim doing that on the street I am taking the UK government to court! :lol:

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 19 Sep 2011, 19:42

Have you genuinely tripped over them?

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby romerojpg » 19 Sep 2011, 20:32

No :D but its one reason them French could make up as a reason :lol:

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 19 Sep 2011, 21:00

I guess :D

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 20 Sep 2011, 00:54

Praying in the streets... a health and safety issue, surely? :D
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8613
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Yi-Long » 20 Sep 2011, 11:04

It's just part of the current western war against islam/muslims by opportunistic populist governments to take the attention away from their own economic failings.

It's sickening.

How THE HELL does it hurt anyone if someone takes a small moment for him/herself to pray in the streets!? Since when has this become a problem in such a way that we need legislation to forbid it...!?

The once 'free west' has gone mental. And sadly, Holland is going the exact same way, with burqa-bans proposed among other shit.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby bradavon » 20 Sep 2011, 15:05

I cannot say I'm surprised. The French government have banned most forms of Islamic head scarf already.

That one I was divided on (i.e - Personal choice I have less problem with but in schools, the medical provision etc... it has no place) but this is just lunacy. They're not hurting anyone, let them get on with it.

I wonder if the ban prohibits Christians praying outside too? I bet it doesn't.

It's worth repeating however, some Islamic countries are far less liberal. Imagine if Christians even thought about praying in public in some Islamic countries.

User avatar
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8613
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Yi-Long » 20 Sep 2011, 16:18

bradavon wrote:I cannot say I'm surprised. The French government have banned most forms of Islamic head scarf already.

That one I was divided on (i.e - Personal choice I have less problem with but in schools, the medical provision etc... it has no place) but this is just lunacy. They're not hurting anyone, let them get on with it.

I wonder if the ban prohibits Christians praying outside too? I bet it doesn't.

It's worth repeating however, some Islamic countries are far less liberal. Imagine if Christians even thought about praying in public in some Islamic countries.


We used to be better than those countries, Brad.

'They do it as well' isn't a good enough excuse to limit eachothers' freedoms and rights.
Last edited by Yi-Long on 20 Sep 2011, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 20 Sep 2011, 17:00

bradavon wrote:I wonder if the ban prohibits Christians praying outside too? I bet it doesn't.


If Christians are stupid enough to pray in the street they should also be banned from doing so. I don't see why Muslims keep coming up with shit that annoys people. If you'd mentioned praying in the street before I saw those pics I'd have thought you were joking. War on Islam, my arse. War on stupidity, more like. I mean, who really wants to see that sort of nonsense going on in public? If you want to pray do it at home or it a designated religious building. End of. At least the French have the guts to say 'non' once in a while.
Last edited by Markgway on 20 Sep 2011, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby gasteropod » 20 Sep 2011, 17:13

Markgway wrote:If Christians are stupid enough to pray in the street they should also be banned from doing so. I don't see why Muslims keep coming up with shit that annoys people. If you'd mentioned praying in the street before I saw those pics I'd have thought you were joking. War on Islam, my arse. War on stupidity, more like. I mean, who really wants to see that sort of nonsense going on in public? If you want to pray do it at home or it a designated reliious building. End of. At least the French have the guts to say 'non' once in a while.


:rock:

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 20 Sep 2011, 17:15

Muslims have to pray 5 times a day right?! Maybe its annoying having to find a mosque 5 times a day if you're out, who knows? I agree with Mark I see no problem with it being done in a designated building/at home. I still don't see how someone praying hurts me personally TBH.
Why wouldnt they be able to find space in mosques - too crowded? Wait til some people come out.

User avatar
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8613
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Yi-Long » 20 Sep 2011, 19:13

I honestly don't give a shit if I see people praying in the streets. How the hell would that be 'annoying' to anyone? Seriously? You see someone praying in the street and it ruins your day or something...!? How sad is that!?

edit: Is it actually a big issue? I've never even once seen it here in Holland. Maybe in France it occurs more often, but still.... how is it an actual problem!?

You'd think we'd have bigger things to worry about at the moment instead of some religious folks taking a few minutes for themselfs in the street to pray...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 20 Sep 2011, 19:20

Yeah exactly Yi, I don't get how praying in the street is actually a problem?! :?

User avatar
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8521
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby romerojpg » 20 Sep 2011, 20:48

Well most things should be done in private, religion is one.

Frankly I dont want them inflicting it on me with their feeble minded inbred stone-age ignorance ;) if they do it in private I dont care at all :thumbs:
If I whip out my cock for a 5 times a day wank, I would hope someone would stop me :lol: a nice looking female copper hopefully.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 20 Sep 2011, 22:42

Yi-Long wrote:I honestly don't give a shit if I see people praying in the streets. How the hell would that be 'annoying' to anyone? Seriously? You see someone praying in the street and it ruins your day or something...!? How sad is that!?


Did I say it would 'ruin' my day? No, it's an annoyance and an eyesore. Pavements are for WALKING on, roads for DRIVING on. Neither are for PRAYING on. Simple point of fact for you. What's sad is that you constantly feel the need to defend Muslims no matter how barmy their ideas or actions. White Liberal guilt?

Maybe in France it occurs more often, but still.... how is it an actual problem!?


Obviously the authorities there feel it is. I don't live in France so I've no idea how widespread it is. But one person is one too many. If I plonked myself down in the middle of the street people would assume I was either drunk or having a heart attack. Prayer is a private matter - or something to be shared with like-minded folk. I have no wish to be exposed to it or any other religious nonsense. That's MY right.

You'd think we'd have bigger things to worry about at the moment instead of some religious folks taking a few minutes for themselfs in the street to pray...


Hey, I'd rather the police wiped out criminal gangs.... but that doesn't mean anything less should be ignored lest some minority get offended. Yawn.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8613
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Yi-Long » 20 Sep 2011, 23:58

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:I honestly don't give a shit if I see people praying in the streets. How the hell would that be 'annoying' to anyone? Seriously? You see someone praying in the street and it ruins your day or something...!? How sad is that!?


Did I say it would 'ruin' my day? No, it's an annoyance and an eyesore. Pavements are for WALKING on, roads for DRIVING on. Neither are for PRAYING on. Simple point of fact for you. What's sad is that you constantly feel the need to defend Muslims no matter how barmy their ideas or actions. White Liberal guilt?


'white liberal guilt' (!) Yeah surely that must be it...(!)

It's very simple: I oppose limitations of personal freedom. I oppose symbolic stupid laws. It has fuck all to do with me feeling the need to 'defend muslims', but when they are targeted with stupid stuff like this with the clear message that they and their beliefs somehow don't have a place in our society, then hell yeah, I oppose that!

Still don't know how it's an annoyance and an eyesore, but even if it were, would that be a reason to make it ILLEGAL and a reason to fine people? Hell, I come across eyesores and annoyances every day when I'm outside. Doesn't mean they should be fined or locked up. I just shrug my shoulders and walk on.

Maybe in France it occurs more often, but still.... how is it an actual problem!?


Obviously the authorities there feel it is. I don't live in France so I've no idea how widespread it is. But one person is one too many. If I plonked myself down in the middle of the street people would assume I was either drunk or having a heart attack. Prayer is a private matter - or something to be shared with like-minded folk. I have no wish to be exposed to it or any other religious nonsense. That's MY right.


You're Scottish, so people already assume you're drunk.

I'm sure they don't do it in the middle of the street but find a quiet corner or whatever. I'm also quite sure that they're not shouting or whatever when praying, so what exactly are you afraid of, or upset about!? You can't walk past a praying woman/man without getting upset over it? And if you can, then why should they be fined?

Somehow it's legal to harrass you begging for all kinds of stupid subscriptions in the street, yet someone who needs a minute alone in a corner somewhere to pray is now a criminal!?

You'd think we'd have bigger things to worry about at the moment instead of some religious folks taking a few minutes for themselfs in the street to pray...


Hey, I'd rather the police wiped out criminal gangs.... but that doesn't mean anything less should be ignored lest some minority get offended. Yawn.


I was talking more about the economy and how we're fucked for billions of euros/pounds. But I'm guessing a couple of people quietly and peacefully praying in the street is a huge issue as well...(!)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4104
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Shingster » 21 Sep 2011, 02:25

So did anyone here actually read the article rather than just the headline before popping on here and venting? It doesn't exactly look like a handful of Muslims here and there wanting to pray if that picture at the top is anything to go by (enough prayers there to block off most sized roads), but rather a serious issue with lack of space in Parisian mosques resulting in large numbers of Muslims having to take to the streets to conduct their prayer. Sounds like the French government are trying to focus the prayer to designated open areas (at their cost) so the streets aren't clogged full of prayers each day, if they provide enough space for the muslims to conveniently pray in peace then where's the problem? An outright ban seems excessive, but if letting one man pray means a hundred turn up to pray then they don't really have any other choice do they? :dontknow:

What that article doesn't tell us is why there aren't enough mosques in Paris and where are all the parks in the capital, b ecause surely they haven't banned prayer in parks??

Oh and christians force their religion on others in public places all the time, and much more aggressively than muslims! Who here hasn't been stopped in a town centre by some born-again group or local church outfit trying to spread the word? Every other week there's always some guy preaching damnation from the good book in our local Town Centre, he gets lots of stick but has been coming back for years! Don't even mention the Jehovah's either (obviously they're not christians though)!

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 21 Sep 2011, 03:54

Yi-Long wrote:'white liberal guilt' (!) Yeah surely that must be it...(!)


You'd be surprised how many that affects in this country. We're so apologetic we actually look for shit to apologise for... I assume it's the same in Holland?

It's very simple: I oppose limitations of personal freedom. I oppose symbolic stupid laws. It has fuck all to do with me feeling the need to 'defend muslims', but when they are targeted with stupid stuff like this with the clear message that they and their beliefs somehow don't have a place in our society, then hell yeah, I oppose that!


Would you have posted exactly the same if the ban had been on Christian prayer? If so, then I can respect your consistancy, if not your point-of-view. It's funny how in Britain we're always talking about Islamophobia, yet we have authorities which bend over backwards to accomodate Muslims. The French obviously have a more robust, less tolerant attitude to "relegious freedom", which I happen to share.

Still don't know how it's an annoyance and an eyesore, but even if it were, would that be a reason to make it ILLEGAL and a reason to fine people? Hell, I come across eyesores and annoyances every day when I'm outside. Doesn't mean they should be fined or locked up. I just shrug my shoulders and walk on.


You mentioned the word symbolic earlier. I think this is a symbolic stand to say that religion has it's place - in private. The roads and streets are for everyone, not for any religious group to set up stall and worship as they see fit. The whole situation is a farce really and if we were talking about anything other than religious prayer it would be a Monty Python sketch writ large. Imagine large groups of grannies sitting in the road knitting. Maybe I want to lie in the middle of the road and read a book. Stop the traffic you're infringing my human right to be a pain in the arse!

You're Scottish, so people already assume you're drunk.


I'd try to come up with a witty riposte, but the Dutch are just too damn bland to bother with.

I'm sure they don't do it in the middle of the street but find a quiet corner or whatever.


The pics in the link clearly show a street cut off for prayer. I suppose you'd just walk the long way round?

I'm also quite sure that they're not shouting or whatever when praying


You're sure? How can you be sure? I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of a Muslim prayer session.

Somehow it's legal to harrass you begging for all kinds of stupid subscriptions in the street, yet someone who needs a minute alone in a corner somewhere to pray is now a criminal!?


I love how you're twisting the truth. Next it'll be one old man praying in an alleyway. That's not what the article is about. Did you read it at all? And don't get me started on those fucking chuggers..................

I was talking more about the economy and how we're fucked for billions of euros/pounds. But I'm guessing a couple of people quietly and peacefully praying in the street is a huge issue as well...(!)


:lol:
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 21 Sep 2011, 04:07

Shingster wrote:So did anyone here actually read the article rather than just the headline before popping on here and venting?


Ooh, ooh, I did!! I want a gold star! :rock:

if they provide enough space for the muslims to conveniently pray in peace then where's the problem?


Is that really the duty of the authorities? Religion isn't - and shouldn't be - government sanctioned or sponsored. If Muslims need more space to pray then they should find it themselves. It's not for taxpayers to concern themselves about. You can pray at anytime in private. There's no law against praying only against making a nuisance of yourself in public.

What that article doesn't tell us is why there aren't enough mosques in Paris


Because Muslims haven't built enough? I'm sure they've got enough money to build more. Not that I would ever encourage the building of religious institutions. :D

Oh and christians force their religion on others in public places all the time, and much more aggressively than muslims! Who here hasn't been stopped in a town centre by some born-again group or local church outfit trying to spread the word? Every other week there's always some guy preaching damnation from the good book in out local Town Centre, he gets lots of stick but has been coming back for years!


I used to see this American dude telling us how we were all going to hell unless we let Jesus save us. What a knob! The preacher not Jesus that is. Jesus is OK. :thumbs:

Don't even mention the Jehovah's either (obviously they're not christians though)!


Remember when Psycho Tom told us he GBH'd a Jehovah for ringing his doorbell. Only time I've ever felt sorry for a Jehovah.
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 21 Sep 2011, 11:31

Shingster wrote:So did anyone here actually read the article rather than just the headline before popping on here and venting? It doesn't exactly look like a handful of Muslims here and there wanting to pray if that picture at the top is anything to go by (enough prayers there to block off most sized roads), but rather a serious issue with lack of space in Parisian mosques resulting in large numbers of Muslims having to take to the streets to conduct their prayer. Sounds like the French government are trying to focus the prayer to designated open areas (at their cost) so the streets aren't clogged full of prayers each day, if they provide enough space for the muslims to conveniently pray in peace then where's the problem? An outright ban seems excessive, but if letting one man pray means a hundred turn up to pray then they don't really have any other choice do they? :dontknow:

What that article doesn't tell us is why there aren't enough mosques in Paris and where are all the parks in the capital, b ecause surely they haven't banned prayer in parks??

Oh and christians force their religion on others in public places all the time, and much more aggressively than muslims! Who here hasn't been stopped in a town centre by some born-again group or local church outfit trying to spread the word? Every other week there's always some guy preaching damnation from the good book in out local Town Centre, he gets lots of stick but has been coming back for years! Don't even mention the Jehovah's either (obviously they're not christians though)!


When you put it like that it sounds fair enough Shing!

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24419
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby bradavon » 21 Sep 2011, 11:45

Yi-Long wrote:We used to be better than those countries, Brad.

Did we really?

grim_tales wrote:I still don't see how someone praying hurts me personally TBH.

Exactly. It may look stupid to those who aren't Muslim (such as Mark) but the fact is, is it doing you any harm?

The streets are full of people who get in the way of people getting on with their daily lives. I personally find people who stand about trying to get me to fill in some survey far more annoying. I bet the French government aren't banning them. This is madness and frankly discrimination.

grim_tales wrote:Why wouldnt they be able to find space in mosques - too crowded? Wait til some people come out.

It's a call to pray, not call to wait.

Markgway wrote:If I plonked myself down in the middle of the street people would assume I was either drunk or having a heart attack.

You'd likely be ignored. At best moved on. They're not moving them on but banning it.

Markgway wrote:I have no wish to be exposed to it or any other religious nonsense. That's MY right.

They're only praying. What are you expecting? Islamic hatred for the West.

When I was India I felt honoured to hear the call to pray. It chimed around the city and sounded fantastic. It was no different to hearing church bells several times a day. Which personally I find far less easy on the ear.

Shingster does raise a good point lost in the noise though. It looks like entire streets are being taken up. That's somewhat selfish by the Muslims praying there. I still think a ban sends the entirely wrong message though.

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 21 Sep 2011, 14:33

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:We used to be better than those countries, Brad.

Did we really?

grim_tales wrote:I still don't see how someone praying hurts me personally TBH.

Exactly. It may look stupid to those who aren't Muslim (such as Mark) but the fact is, is it doing you any harm?

The streets are full of people who get in the way of people getting on with their daily lives. I personally find people who stand about trying to get me to fill in some survey far more annoying. I bet the French government aren't banning them. This is madness and frankly discrimination.

grim_tales wrote:Why wouldnt they be able to find space in mosques - too crowded? Wait til some people come out.

It's a call to pray, not call to wait.

Markgway wrote:If I plonked myself down in the middle of the street people would assume I was either drunk or having a heart attack.

You'd likely be ignored. At best moved on. They're not moving them on but banning it.

Markgway wrote:I have no wish to be exposed to it or any other religious nonsense. That's MY right.

They're only praying. What are you expecting? Islamic hatred for the West.

When I was India I felt honoured to hear the call to pray. It chimed around the city and sounded fantastic. It was no different to hearing church bells several times a day. Which personally I find far less easy on the ear.

Shingster does raise a good point lost in the noise though. It looks like entire streets are being taken up. That's somewhat selfish by the Muslims praying there. I still think a ban sends the entirely wrong message though.


OK fair do's then :D I agree I find those people with clipboards (and charity collectors), and those people handing out Hare Krishna things in the town centre who say "Do you like to read? Well why not make a small donation?" more annoying.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19497
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby Markgway » 21 Sep 2011, 15:12

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:We used to be better than those countries, Brad.

Did we really?


Yes, obviously. Or do you think the Middle East is a hotbed of democracy and freedom-of-speech?

It may look stupid to those who aren't Muslim (such as Mark)


You mean the overwhelming MAJORITY?

The streets are full of people who get in the way of people getting on with their daily lives. I personally find people who stand about trying to get me to fill in some survey far more annoying.


Pisses me off having to dodge chuggers... but at least they aren't blocking the street praying to the charity god.

This is madness and frankly discrimination.


Oh noes. It's ISLAMOPHOBIA!!! :o

It's a call to pray, not call to wait.


Find someplace else. Prayer is only important to the person praying. It's up to them to find a suitable place not for everyone else to bend over backwards and ensure their comfort and security.

You'd likely be ignored. At best moved on. They're not moving them on but banning it.


I'd be moved on no question. And if a bunch of people turn up to do it on a regular basis it would be (correctly) banned.

They're only praying. What are you expecting? Islamic hatred for the West.


I don't care. It's not my business. Don't make it my business by doing it in front of me.

When I was India I felt honoured to hear the call to pray.


Think about that sentence for a while...

It chimed around the city and sounded fantastic. It was no different to hearing church bells several times a day. Which personally I find far less easy on the ear.


I'm no fan of church bells - but the UK is a Christian country. As a non-Christian I do at least respect that I'm in the minority and that some Christian tradition is likely to be upheld. If I go to the middle east and see people praying in the street I'd reckon that was the business of their society. The French people have the right to decide what they want and don't want and shouldn't be dictated to by white liberal guilt (and if Yi-Long doesn't fall into that category, Brad, you certainly do).
Bradavon: As probably the only guy on this forum who has snogged another man (3 times in fact), it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't hate it either. Who doesn't like a snog?

Image

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21585
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Paris ban on Muslim street prayers

Unread postby grim_tales » 21 Sep 2011, 17:58

Strange that for a supposed Christian country hardly anyone goes to church. IMO the UK is very secular these days in practice, despite they majority saying the believe in a God/Gods... :)


Return to “Debate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests