Facebook refuses PM request to ban sick Moat tribute page

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Facebook refuses PM request to ban sick Moat tribute pag

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with David Cameron (!) These people are sick, I cannot understand any sympathy for this man (Moat). "He wanted help, the world was out to get to him". Well boo fucking hoo, he violated that as soon as he threatened to shoot and hurt people :evil:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

It's especially sick when you see what he did to that copper. He literally shot him in the face! But no it shouldn't be banned. Freedom of speech is uttermost.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

No way they should ban any Facebook page like this, for one big reason - it shows us how stupid many are and they just look so dumb! and hell it is good evidence to show some of these peoples bosses, as they will indeed get in trouble/even the sack from their jobs if a company they work for sees this sort of bile posted on Facebook and they state where they work in their profile.

Also so we can see all the scum in the UK posting on one page, send round the boys and kill them in their sleep :thumbs: it is hilarious that page, the morons posting are so inbred I am suprised if they can even be called humans. In fact some are so dumb they have their privacy setting opened up, so if someone wants to they can go and find them :thumbs: the arguments some are starting are well mental, they make this forum look like we are just toddlers :lol:

Mind you this Moaty twat did his shit in my area, not nice at all seeing cops with massive machine guns on the streets (interesting, but odd). Fucked up stuff, that is all we have been talking about since the first gunshots were fired, it is a small place round this area and strangley people know him or went into the bars he worked on the doors at. Some are even defending him and have said so to my face, defending the piece of shit shows you how stupid some people are. I have had to hold my comments back many times.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Freedom of speech is uttermost.
But we don't have freedom of speech in this country. Only when it suits. If I - or anyone - started a Facebook page for 'Why I don't like black people' then it would be taken down in about 10 secs flat.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Dont get started on that, imagine if Moaty was not a white inbred. All hell would have come down on the cops.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

TBH, I don't think pages like these should be forbidden. Yeah it extremely in bad taste, especially for the family of the victims, but where do you draw the line?

I feel Israel is one of the worst countries in the world considering how they treat the Palestinian population. yet I'm sure there are lots of pro-Israel pages around the web. I disagree with the illegal war against Iraq, yet I'm sure Bush and Cheney and all the other warcriminals responsible for hundreds of thousands of innocent victims have their fanpages....

So again, where do you draw the line!?

If people want to openly support a bad man, let them. I don't have to agree with it, but I do agree with their freedom to do so. And hopefully I have the same freedom to start a page where I can openly state MY opinions.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I have little time for Israel... and am also against the war in Iraq... but those are complex matters.

The thread case isn't. It's very black and white wrong.

No one is suggesting controversial discussion be banned, merely the promotion of evil and criminal activity.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:I have little time for Israel... and am also against the war in Iraq... but those are complex matters.

The thread case isn't. It's very black and white wrong.

No one is suggesting controversial discussion be banned, merely the promotion of evil and criminal activity.
TBH, to me, the situation in Israel is also basically pretty damn black and white wrong. The only reason people think it's more complicated than that, and don't want to criticize Israel's crimes and behaviour, is because of the past.

If this was going on in any other country, we would be pretty upset about the treatment of the suppressed group.

Anyway, i didn't mean to steer this off-topic, and I understand the point you make. I'm just saying that for some stuff it might seem black-white, and isn't, while other stuff might seem complicated, but in the basis is pretty simple.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

The owner of the page ended up taking it down. Facebook didn't.
Markgway wrote:No one is suggesting controversial discussion be banned, merely the promotion of evil and criminal activity.
Freedom of speech is fine but like you say, it cannot be used to allow criminal activity.