Care In The Community...

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Care In The Community...

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:So who else do you think has? My money's on Yi-Long.
Ha ha. He's too busy watching movies to look at boys.
Markgway wrote:It's not "normal" it's acceptable. Most don't consider it "normal" but accept it as part of the human condition. That doesn't make it wrong or immoral. Don't confuse the two. I'm all for freedom of choice but let's not pretend that homosexuality is a natural choice on a par with heterosexuality. If it was the human race would be fucked.
I see it as normal. Humans are so wildly complicated, to say anything is really "natural". To an extent, it's natural to be a paedophile. Obviously it's wrong in so many ways and I would say definitely abnormal but I would say to an extent natural. I always think using the word "natural" is such an odd word to use in these discussions, when humans are so so complicated to start with.

Homosexuality is natural, normal and definitely part of the human condition. Some people are simply born programmed to fancy the same sex and how can being born one way, be considered anything but natural? No one chooses to be straight, gay or whatever. It would be so much easier if we could choose who we fancy but it's pre-programmed into us before birth. Obviously the human race isn't fucked if we were to agree it's normal, the percentage of homosexuals is only ever about 10%.
Markgway wrote:How many guys do you know who aren't gay experimented with homosexuality when they were young?
Holly crap you expect "men" to admit having feelings for other men? This isn't about liberal families (as they'd be just as surprised) but how men simply work, for the most part.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Homosexuality and paedophilia are both natural, but neither are normal. I don't like comparing them because one is between consenting adults and the other is a crime. But that's down to society's conventions. There was a time not too long ago when homosexuality was a crime. The society we live in decrees that paedophilia is wrong, not just paedophilia but any underage sex, but does nature agree? Is a man having sex with a 14 year old girl worse - in natural terms - than two men of 35 having sex? Like you say humans are very complex. But for me adult male and adult female couplings are the desired norm. If you feel differently then that's fair enough.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:But that's down to society's conventions.
Very true. There was a time (many moons ago), people shagged anything that moved.
Markgway wrote:Is a man having sex with a 14 year old girl worse - in natural terms - than two men of 35 having sex? Like you say humans are very complex.
The two men are at least adults, a 14 year old girl may not have the majority. Obviously we'll never agree.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
Markgway wrote:Why is it Brad that you're almost certainly the only male on this forum who's kissed other men?
I'm the only one to "admit" to it
Why "admit" to something you reckon is normal?
bradavon wrote:most wouldn't
Most wouldn't snog other men so they'd have nothing to admit to.
bradavon wrote: yes I am very gay, very gay indeed.
good for you.!

bradavon wrote:As long as it's legal, you're not harming anyone and you take the necessary precautions, what's wrong with experimentation anyway?
To be honest you come across like a male slag.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:
Markgway wrote:Is a man having sex with a 14 year old girl worse - in natural terms - than two men of 35 having sex? Like you say humans are very complex.
The two men are at least adults, a 14 year old girl may not have the majority. Obviously we'll never agree.
I'm not saying that's my view... just that you can see how societal convention plays a part in determining our morality.

Oscar Wilde was jailed for homosexuality, but underage sex wasn't such a big deal. Times change and "our" morals go with them. Is it better now, worse or just different?

Human nature can't be easily defined.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's because at that time the age of consent was much younger than it is now.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Why "admit" to something you reckon is normal?
Is that supposed to make sense? Plenty of gay people admit they're gay year round, some in society are ignorant fucks who treat homosexuals differently.
saltysam wrote:Most wouldn't snog other men so they'd have nothing to admit to.
Quite possibly but I'd argue more people are interested then they'd let on. No one is 100% any label society chooses to place on someone. 95% maybe but 100% no way. Not admitting to something, doesn't mean someone hasn't thought about it or wanted to act upon it.
saltysam wrote:To be honest you come across like a male slag.
Clearly you don't me at all then. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just because I have chosen to give away the odd thing I've been up to, in an entire life time, you brand me a male slag? How nice! I'd like to know what you call someone who is actually a male slag. A pervert and sexual offender no doubt.
Markgway wrote:Oscar Wilde was jailed for homosexuality, but underage sex wasn't such a big deal.
Yeah, that is a really weird one.
grim_tales wrote:That's because at that time the age of consent was much younger than it is now.
That's basically Mark's point :).
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Quote tastic! jeezs you two can go at it all week.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Either take part or bog off :D.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Nah I will let you take on the bummers.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist