So Amy Winehouse is now a racist?

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

So Amy Winehouse is now a racist?

Post by grim_tales »

If she really did sing that song I find it totally unacceptable :roll: :evil:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0806_am ... rack.shtml

She sang a racist version of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes".

Clearly she is a troubled person and needs help because of her drug problem, however there is no excuse for this behaviour :( :evil:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

The video also mentions gay people too. I don't see that being picked up on.

It just looks like they're having a laugh and while the subject matter is very dubious I'm not sure it should be taken seriously. We've all laughed at jokes which others may find offensive.

I'd be surprised if Amy Winehouse is racist, her songs are very black orientated.

It strikes me as the News of the World doing their usual best to cause trouble. The whole article is rather despicable, sure we shouldn't be please with Amy's behaviour but the article is clearly designed to be as vile towards her as possible.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Whaha only fools care about shit like this.

Kill her and get it over with the piece of shit scumbag crack ho criminal slut.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Don't hold back Romero :D. I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again, if you ran the world you'd have everyone (except you) assassinated 8).
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

These people are a waste of time and space.

Best let them OD and forget about them.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Would you say that if you liked Amy's singing?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yes.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Fair enough then.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I know we have a had a laugh at some point Brad but I don't find what Winehouse sang funny. She's singing a racist song for fun and basically offends anybody who isnt white/straight. :( It's not even funny.
She definitely sang it, that is very wrong.
HOWEVER, I question the context the video was filmed in. Afterwards the guy says "Well done, I promise I wasnt recording it" (er, but he was otherwise we wouldnt have a video??) - was she encouraged to sing it when she doesnt really know what she's saying? :?
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

Why would anyone care about a useless drug addict singing a racist song?
She's an entertainer, not a role model.

As far as I'm concerned, she can say whatever she wants about pakis, gooks and niggers. Her brain is so fucked up, she can't even understand what's she doing anyway.

As Romero said: kill her and put her out of her misery.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Killing her is a bit extreme man! Help her, don't kill her. But she should be taken out of the limelight.
True, she isnt paid to be a role model, but singers/entertainers ARE role models for people, and racism like that is disgusting IMO.
I'm not sure but what is a "gook"?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:I know we have a had a laugh at some point Brad but I don't find what Winehouse sang funny.
Me either but I bet you've laughed at jokes others may find offensive. Many jokes are at the expensive of others. I just meant it doesn't across to me to be taken all that seriously.
grim_tales wrote:She's singing a racist song for fun and basically offends anybody who isnt white/straight. :( It's not even funny.
To be fair she is singing it in private, she even makes a point of asking it not be filmed. People should be allowed to have their own personal opinions "in private". If she had sung that song in public it would've been very different. I seriously dislike the BNP but they are a popular party in some parts of the country.

You cannot control what people personally think, not that I think Amy actually thinks what she said, for the reasons Tom mentioned. The video is clearly taken out of context and has been edited in a vindictive manner.
grim_tales wrote:HOWEVER, I question the context the video was filmed in. Was she encouraged to sing it when she doesnt really know what she's saying? :?
Too true. She could've been off her face, probably in fact.
tom2681 wrote:Why would anyone care about a useless drug addict singing a racist song?
I do. She's a major talent. Just like I ultimately care what happens to Michael Jackson, and he's far more ill than Winehouse is.
tom2681 wrote:She's an entertainer, not a role model.
Agreed. As Grim says people do look up to celebrities way more than ever before. There was a time kids looked to explorers etc..., not any more.
tom2681 wrote:Her brain is so fucked up, she can't even understand what's she doing anyway.
Agreed.
tom2681 wrote:As Romero said: kill her and put her out of her misery.
As Grim says, that's extreme.

I wouldn't want anyone to die, except in rare cases (such as the early Hitler). Death is always very extreme and should never be taken as lightly as you or Romero are doing. She's only speaking racist terms, that's not a basis to have someone killed.
grim_tales wrote:I'm not sure but what is a "gook"?
It's American Military slang for someone from South East Asia and maybe Far East Asian too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gook#G
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

When Romero and I come to power, we will revolutionize the justice system:
Pain of death for all offences (from shoplifting to mass murder).

No more Amy Winehouse, no more Lindsay Lohan... :lol:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Good points Brad, but if Amy asked it not to be filmed, why was it filmed? I'm sure she has a lot of fans from the minorities in the song so why would she sing it in the first place.
Its very dubious, private or not.
I feel sorry for MJ too, now clearly he is in need of desperate help.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Because her boyfriend lied to her ;).
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

You think he set her up?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Nooo he would never sell stuff to the media for hundreds of thousands of pounds, the people she keeps as friends are all so angelic and god worthy. Scum more like it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Obviously you are being sarcastic in your first sentence. When did I even remotely suggest Amy's friends are all "angelic and good worthy"?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

You seriously need to chill out man, your talking like god will sweep down and strike a bold up your bum every time you talk. Wayy to serious :mrgreen:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:You think he set her up?
Huh? Have you watched the video? ;). They're all clearly on drugs, drink or both and are just having a (dubious laugh).

It doesn't look like anyone is setting anyone up and her boyfriend is just having a laugh, claiming to have stopped filming when he's not. The News of the World saw this and as usual have twisted it into something it's not.

Dude you're reading way too much into it.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The next Sex tape, Amy :|
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Dude, don't even go there. I wonder if she is as hairy down below, as up top :D.