Omar Bin Laden on GMTV this morning

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Omar Bin Laden on GMTV this morning

Post by grim_tales »

Did anyone see this?
When his name came up I thought that he was just some guy who shared the name, not that he was really Osama Bin Laden's son :o
When the interview started it said he had been denied a visa to live in the UK.
I think he said he condemned his father for 9/11 (when pressed by the interviewer), wanted wars/fighting to stop etc. (Can't argue with that). It was difficult to understand what he was saying at times.
He made the point people in Europe were friendly, it sounded as if he was being denied a visa just because he has the name "Bin Laden", I kind of felt sorry for him for that, you can't control who your parents are :?
His wife was at the interview too and was apparently a stuck up cow.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Osama has about 30 sons or something...
Was the wife that british woman, who was only married to Osama for a short while!?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sounds familliar, possibly it was her.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Is there a link online? I caught the last few seconds last night but it wasn't enough to understand the story.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks. I'm not sure he should be let in. Fair enough he's not done anything wrong but come on he's Osama's son!

I actually thought this was another story, to do with Barrack Obama and someone calling him accidentally Osama Bin Laden.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Normally I would say you can't blame one family member for another's actions, but being as we're talking about Osama Bin Liner, I don't think his son (any of them) should be granted permission to stay in the UK. At least not until Daddy has been confirmed dead. It sucks, if Omar is a decent bloke, but that's how shit goes. I'm not gonna cry for him.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:Normally I would say you can't blame one family member for another's actions, but being as we're talking about Osama Bin Liner, I don't think his son (any of them) should be granted permission to stay in the UK. At least not until Daddy has been confirmed dead. It sucks, if Omar is a decent bloke, but that's how shit goes. I'm not gonna cry for him.
So you feel the same way about Cheney's and Bush's daughters!?
Can they also be held 'responsible' for the many hundreds of thousands of deaths by their warcriminal parents!?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:So you feel the same way about Cheney's and Bush's daughters!?
If those girls' daddies were wanted terrorists, yes. But like it or not, they went thru proper channels, and aren't considered war criminals (despite what you might think). Tony Blair on the other hand.... :D
Can they also be held 'responsible' for the many hundreds of thousands of deaths by their warcriminal parents!?
Never said anything about responsibility.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I agree with Mark.

Obviously though Bin Laden has no proper channels to go through if he wants to bomb someone, like Bush has.

Bush isn't also trying to bomb us, Bin Laden is. Us being in this case specifically the British people, and before anyone says it, no that doesn't mean I agree with what Bush has been doing.
Last edited by bradavon on 16 Apr 2008, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:So you feel the same way about Cheney's and Bush's daughters!?
If those girls' daddies were wanted terrorists, yes. But like it or not, they went thru proper channels, and aren't considered war criminals (despite what you might think). Tony Blair on the other hand.... :D
They didnt go through proper channels, as they didnt have the OK from the UN, and they lied to still push their way through...
Basically, they went to war without the OK, and with arguments based on intentional lies.
Never said anything about responsibility.
I know, but you do ask Bin Laden's son to at least carry some responsibility for his dad's actions ;)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Obviously though Bin Laden has no proper channels to go through if he wants to bomb someone, like Bush has.
Get fucked elected. :shock:
Bush isn't also trying to bomb us, Bin Laden is. Us being in this case specifically the British people, and before anyone says it, no that doesn't mean I agree with what Bush has been doing.
True.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:I know, but you do ask Bin Laden's son to at least carry some responsibility for his dad's actions ;)
Nope.

Hey, maybe we should send him to Holland? :wink:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yeah, send him to Holland :D

The odd thing is. If many other countries were in the same situation he'd never get in and that would be the end of it, but due to our "moral high ground" bollocks, the Western governments must appear to always be doing the "right" thing.
Markgway wrote:Get fucked elected. :shock:
I'm not sure what you meant here?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Couldnt care less if he was sent to Holland. I'm pretty sure that guy knows he's under carefull watch by the securityforcen in ANY land he visits, so if he even goes near a website about making bombs, or near some radical friends, he'll be fucked.

BTW, Bush wasnt elected in 2000. He stole it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Mark, because Bin Laden Snr. is still alive it would be very dangerous and wrong to let his son in.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:I agree with Mark, because Bin Laden Snr. is still alive it would be very dangerous and wrong to let his son in.
The only one who would probably be in any real danger, would be Osama Jr. tbh... because I'm sure you'll have assholes who will want to take revenge on Osama through his (innocent) son...

Why do you think it would be dangerous to let Jr. in!?
You think Osama is suddenly gonna call up his son, patch things up, and convince him to become a radical terrorist!?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I hear what you're saying about Osama Jr. being in danger - but surely assholes may want to go after him wherever he is then.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:I hear what you're saying about Osama Jr. being in danger - but surely assholes may want to go after him wherever he is then.
Well... I doubt he gets this kind of publicity and attention in his own country...
Plus ofcourse here there is a different view on the Bin Ladens than there is in the Middle-East.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I caught the last ten minutes of John Stewart's (crap) current affairs satire show the other day. He was interviewing the author of a book called "The Bin Ladens", a biography of said family I presume.

The author talked about rather ironically how one of Osama's brothers was had fully embraced American culture, rock and roll and all. Reportedly Osama really looked up to said brother and his only interactions with Americans at that point had been his Salem's comic book-esque greaser type friends. Ironically both this brother and the family patriarch (Osama's father) died in plane crashes.

Author Steve Coll theorised that certain things may've turned out differently if Salem was still alive.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:BTW, Bush wasnt elected in 2000. He stole it.
They still voted him back in though, as did we with Blair.
Yi-Long wrote:You think Osama is suddenly gonna call up his son, patch things up, and convince him to become a radical terrorist!?
Stranger things have happened.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:
Markgway wrote:Get fucked elected. :shock:
I'm not sure what you meant here?
Lol, typo. :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:You think Osama is suddenly gonna call up his son, patch things up, and convince him to become a radical terrorist!?
We're taking him at his word. He SAYS he's estranged from his father. Can you be sure?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
We're taking him at his word. He SAYS he's estranged from his father. Can you be sure?
You dont think there's a huge file on every connection Osama has ever had with anyone!? You dont think they're tapping calls etc to his relatives and former friends!?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:You dont think there's a huge file on every connection Osama has ever had with anyone!? You dont think they're tapping calls etc to his relatives and former friends!?
You think terrorists are stupid and don't have ways to get around security forces and government agencies...?