Keifer Sutherland sentenced to 48 days in jail

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Keifer Sutherland sentenced to 48 days in jail

Post by grim_tales »

Keifer Sutherland, star of 24, has been sentenced for drink driving offences. His sentence is 48 days - he has to serve 18 days this year, and next year (!) will serve the rest.
48 days sounds paltry IMO. But at least its more than Paris Hilton got.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/15011 ... d=10469022

If this shouldnt be in Debate feel free to move it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I bet he doesn't get his sentence reduced like Paris. Reading the article it's actually 30 days.

I'm not sure it is too lenient. I bet he'll never do it again.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I heard it was 18 days for breaking probation and 30 days for driving under the influence (or something like that).
Oh, of course he won't do it again. A US jail is probably tougher than a UK one (right?) Depends what security jail he is in.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:A US jail is probably tougher than a UK one (right?)
Why? I've no idea but would guess they're about equal. Jail is jail, unless we're talking Asia or Central/South America.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Don't know why, just wondering, for all the muttering on here that UK prisons are like holiday camps, why is it that people committ suicide in there?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Its acctually 24 days its to tie in with the next series of 24, all promo I am sure :lol: :wink:

Shit happens, my heart bleeeds for im, boo hoo, pass the soap
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote: why is it that people committ suicide in there?
Because they are pussies, do the crime, do the time, pay for it you little babies.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

That's very easy to say when you've not gone to jail. I agree they should do the time but it doesn't make it easy.

I seriously doubt any prison is like a holiday camp.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with you Brad.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Not gone to jail? whats that got to do with it.

If I commit any crime and get locked up I deserve to be punished, hard.

But thats never gonna happen to me, as I am not a criminal.

If you do crime, I have no sympathy for (m)any of them.
(Cannot say any, as some do get a bad deal etc..) :mrgreen:

But Kiefer deserves more than that in my mind, its not his first conviction even. I think drink driving is one of THE most sickening things to do ever, the law does not punish them at all in my eyes.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didn't know that.
Well it depends what crime you have done, would you want draconian punishment (eg death) if you have committed just a little crime? I don't think so.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:I think drink driving is one of THE most sickening things to do ever, the law does not punish them at all in my eyes.
LOL
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Not gone to jail? whats that got to do with it. If I commit any crime and get locked up I deserve to be punished, hard.
Agreed but you said people are babies if they cannot hack it, when I imagine it's one of the worst places in the world you could ever be.
Well it depends what crime you have done, would you want draconian punishment (eg death) if you have committed just a little crime? I don't think so.
Romero and Mark have already said they would.

During Georgian times there were 22 laws a child could be hanged for, even as low as stealing a loaf of bread.
romerojpg wrote:I think drink driving is one of THE most sickening things to do ever, the law does not punish them at all in my eyes.
Typical Romero over exaggeration. Like it compares with murder, rape, terrorism and all the other hideous crimes.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'm glad we don't live in Georgian times anymore then.. and I bet that didn't stop other children stealing bread.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Don't drag me into this... I'm not gonna hang a kid for stealing a loaf or bread... an Ipod maybe? :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Well I wouldn't execute children, that's inhuman.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

48 days? ZOMFG! How the heck is Bauer gonna get out of that mess. He only has 21 hours left.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:
romerojpg wrote:
Typical Romero over exaggeration. Like it compares with murder, rape, terrorism and all the other hideous crimes.
In context I meant.

As in Drink Drivers do NOT get punished at all compared to most crimes, and most will never even get caught, let alone put in prison. The ones that are caught, well see the dick who this article is about to see how hard they crack down on you, Ohhhh soo scary!

People know they are criminals when they do murder, rape etc.. most people are ignorant and think drink driving is OK, and not serious at all. Same goes for Speeding, just innocent fun.

Murder, rape etc.. is another matter. Show me where I compared it to any of them? I didnt.

When someone you know is killed by some drunk driver, see how you feel. Hopefully that will never happen.

and yes they are babies if they cannot hack prison, as if they did not do the crime like most normal people seem easily not to do, then they would not be there to kill themself in the first place. Boo hoo for all the loosers killing themself in prisons. I weap so much over that.

Hopefully Kiefer will be ok, as I want more 24.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

Don't feed the morons.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

I read that Kiefer has 48 days to serve & he made a deal meaning that he will serve the full 48 days, just that he'll serve them around the shooting schedule for 24.

So its all gravy. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Hence why he has to serve the rest next year. That does seem like your typical Hollywood favouritism.
In context I meant.
Fair enough then.
Hopefully Kiefer will be ok, as I want more 24.
That's hypocritical of you, just because you're a 24 fan.
Boo hoo for all the loosers killing themself in prisons. I weap so much over that.
Even those who're sent to jail for minor offences but cannot hack it?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

It was a joke about Kiefer being OK :lol: crikey, sooo serious. Do I have to put a :wink: after everything.

If they are letting his life revolve around the sentence then thats ridiculous. Stick him in prison, if he looses the 24 job, so be it.

as for minor offences, depends what they did etc.. :D
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I assume he's convicted on a misdemeanor charge? It's not unusual for defence lawyers to barter for selective multiple-date imprisonment, you don't have to be an actor to get this sort of deal.