Terror Related Attack on Glasgow Airport

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Terror Related Attack on Glasgow Airport

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Just heard about this. Two Asian men rammed a Jeep Cherokee into the front building. One of them was set on fire.
Strathclyde Police have linked the attack to the discovery of two car bombs in London's West End on Friday.
Covered on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6258206.stm
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Good thing no one was seriously hurt or killed.

Probably were typical Scots and were too drunk to do what they planned right!

Am very surprised and disappointed that Scotland has now been made a target for attacks. Hope it is not a sign of things to come.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Good no one was hurt or killed. I heard about the attack on London as well yesterday (no one was injured there either).
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Didn't the IRA disarm though? It might've been a rogue splinter faction.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

The men arrested were of Asian descent Eva, not White so not IRA.

Yes the IRA did disarm and haven't attacked the mainland since 2001. Thankfully it's likely the days of the IRA from a terrorist perspective are over. They've got pretty much what they always wanted so it would be stupid to attack now.

This is becoming a yearly thing for Britain, remember all the attempted attacks of airports last July. It looks like another rouge cell disconnected from the main Al-Qaeda attacks, so far all the recent attacks have been bumbled messes. I guess one day they'll succeeded, but it would almost be by luck it seems.

The scary thing is Britain has to be the most targeted nation in the Western world today, even most so than the USA. From my recollection this is now the third high profile attack since 7/7. The USA hasn't had any attempts AFAIK.

America does have a much closer integration to his immigrant community though, than would ever be possible in Europe.

Sadly I think we're going to see more in Britain at least until we pull out of Iraq and them some many years after.
grim_tales wrote:I heard about the attack on London as well yesterday (no one was injured there either).
There was no attack, a member of the public found one car and an ambulance crew an other.

No attack, no one could be hurt.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Brad, I didnt know that.
I don't think its just Iraq though - theyre just using that as an excuse.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

BURN YOU FOOKIN MOOK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: throw some petrol on the piss ant. Hopefully he will die screaming in pain for months.

They were scummy suicide bombers, with suicide belts etc.. loosers were so crap at their job its obvious God isnt watching over these inept inbred dicks. Maybe next time lads.

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Where is that water coming from? :D
grim_tales wrote:Thanks Brad, I didnt know that.
I don't think its just Iraq though - theyre just using that as an excuse.
No not just Iraq but it was a massive catalyst. The UK is the highest terror target in Europe for Islamist extremists, yet on terrorism European all has the same message.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Wow I love how the news is really hyping this up, All news media have been saying this is the work of al-Qaeda or a group which involves with them..

One thing to add to this, is that Gordon Brown couldn't have passed the bill which was to detained terrorist suspect for 90days, 2 times it got rejected, now after this what is the chances it will be rejected. None, its going to get passed!! Pretty coincidence if you ask me. Again in a fear of a supposed terrorist attack, the public are scared, and will look to the state for protection. The state will give protection, but only if they surrender part of their freedom.

If we looks at news reports, such as BBC News it says
Mobiles have been used to detonate bombs in Iraq and Indonesia and in other terror attacks, such as the 2004 Madrid bombings.
Hang on, what about the IRA? Nope we have forgotten this now.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

slasher13 wrote:Wow I love how the news is really hyping this up, All news media have been saying this is the work of al-Qaeda or a group which involves with them..

One thing to add to this, is that Gordon Brown couldn't have passed the bill which was to detained terrorist suspect for 90days, 2 times it got rejected, now after this what is the chances it will be rejected. None, its going to get passed!! Pretty coincidence if you ask me.
Bollocks. I guess Gordon set it all up then, sorry man but that shit. I guess they paid them idiots to try to blow themselves up to get a law passed, anyone thing that in any way is obviously a bit mental.

You need to see the real shit happening, its simple some idiots tried to kill others in the name of a stupid god. The end, its not some subversive shit that some Muslims seem to see in everyting.

How the hell can the media not hype this up? I guess we should just ignore it all and put it off as some scam by the government as usual. I am sure the people doing this are innocent guys and are not God loving freaks who need to burn in hell.

What the hells IRA got to do with this? your changing the subject totally, this is 2007 for gods sake, dont go back in time.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

slasher13 wrote:Hang on, what about the IRA? Nope we have forgotten this now.
What about the IRA? I don't remember any plot using mobile phones but it's possible yes. Not that as Romero says it's relevant.

You want the BBC to list EVERY time a terrorist has used a mobile phone? If you're eluding to the Muslim connection in each it doesn't hold up. The Madrid bombings weren't Islamic related.
slasher13 wrote:One thing to add to this, is that Gordon Brown couldn't have passed the bill which was to detained terrorist suspect for 90days, 2 times it got rejected, now after this what is the chances it will be rejected. None, its going to get passed!! Pretty coincidence if you ask me. Again in a fear of a supposed terrorist attack, the public are scared, and will look to the state for protection. The state will give protection, but only if they surrender part of their freedom..
What are you smoking Slasher? ;)

Blair tried to pass that bill many times and it got turned down. Why now would it be allowed? Come on, we had terrorists attacks very similar just a year ago and no bill.

You're jumping to gross assumptions out of thin air.
slasher13 wrote:Wow I love how the news is really hyping this up, All news media have been saying this is the work of al-Qaeda or a group which involves with them..
The news always hypes things up, that's nothing new. You sound surprised?

Isn't it likely it's an Al-Qaeda off shot. I'd say it is.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Ok just to clarify (so that there's absolute no misunderstanding)... Slasher, are you implying that this attack was organised by the Government?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

If it was they are shit at their jobs as they did a piss poor job.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Hey more lively discussions, this is great :D..
What the hells IRA got to do with this? your changing the subject totally, this is 2007 for gods sake, dont go back in time.
Dude it isn't that long ago, The most recent was 2 car bomb for the IRA in 2001, where the BBC news and West london street was attacked, so not going back in time, Don't you remember this? It was quite big news
Blair tried to pass that bill many times and it got turned down. Why now would it be allowed? Come on, we had terrorists attacks very similar just a year ago and no bill.

You're jumping to gross assumptions out of thin air.
I don't think I am jumping to assumptions, as everyone knows a terrorist attack which is terrifying leads people to give up their rights, but Lets wait for this, The 90 day detention bill, see if it gets rejected or passed :)
The news always hypes things up, that's nothing new. You sound surprised?

Isn't it likely it's an Al-Qaeda off shot. I'd say it is.
Mmm the thing is, any terrorist attacks can be related to Al-Qaeda, that is the one thing that everyone has spun on this. The group Al-Qaeda simply means database, even BBC in the past has said that this was a codename used by intelligence for database, any attack on this soil, even if it was a lone madman can be attributed if they was asian, middle eastern to Al-Qaeda.

are you implying that this attack was organised by the Government?
All I am saying is that you should think yourself, don't be too fooled by media. Just have a proper think, who is to gain. It possible that the people who did this are madmen, but that wouldn't stop Government officials to spin this to an terrorist attack with Al-Qaeda
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

slasher13 wrote:Dude it isn't that long ago, The most recent was 2 car bomb for the IRA in 2001, where the BBC news and West london street was attacked, so not going back in time, Don't you remember this? It was quite big news.
That was SIX years ago and crucially before the Irish had a First Minister which "mostly" what they always wanted. They've not got true independence but they've got control over their own country, just like the Scots.
romerojpg wrote:If it was they are shit at their jobs as they did a piss poor job.
Classic :D
Mmm the thing is, any terrorist attacks can be related to Al-Qaeda
Well they'd have to be from Asian descent. I thought Al-Qaeda was the name of the terrorist group run by Osama Bin Laden not a freaking database. True many of the attacks could be from people inspired by Bin Laden but I'd still say that makes it Al-Qaeda related.

Anyway I don't get what it really matters, terrorists are terrorists. The IRA were no different before they gave up their fighting. Today Northern Ireland literally has ex-IRA men in control of the country.

Mad man who're from Asian descent attacking in the same way Al-Qaeda do, pretty coincidental don't you think? I do think though to just label them as "Asians who're from Al-Qaeda" doesn't tell us much. Asia's an enormous place.

I still don't really know wht Al-Qaeda attacked in 9/11 in the first place, what as the root cause??? Even the IRA had a valid point, it's just their methods were completely wrong.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

bradavon wrote:That was SIX years ago and crucially before the Irish had a First Minister which "mostly" what they always wanted. They've not got true independence but they've got control over their own country, just like the Scots.
Yup, but so was 9/11, why is it we focus on that one event. Plus BBC news 24 and Sky when talking about this, they give the impression that this is the 1st car bomb that we have experienced, even in that BBC website link I gave you, my reason was that we have had this in the past with the IRA, so it is nothing new.
romerojpg wrote:If it was they are shit at their jobs as they did a piss poor job.
Classic :D
That did make me chuckle as well :D
Well they'd have to be from Asian descent. I thought Al-Qaeda was the name of the terrorist group run by Osama Bin Laden not a freaking database. True many of the attacks could be from people inspired by Bin Laden but I'd still say that makes it Al-Qaeda related.
Actually the CIA are the ones who actually formed that name, due to Al-Qaeda meaning database. It simply a database of terrorist. There is this great documentary which the BBC did, which is called The Power of Nightmare, it is on the archive website, check it out.
Anyway I don't get what it really matters, terrorists are terrorists. The IRA were no different before they gave up their fighting. Today Northern Ireland literally has ex-IRA men in control of the country.
Indeed, that what I say as well, we still don't know who attacked, yet the media are pointing to Al-Qaeda, Even if you look at the News of the world paper, just take a look at this: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/leader_0107.shtml

This is what I mean by hyping, you are simply scaring the general public, have a looking at this chilling part:
Whatever the police and security services require — including extended periods of detention for interrogation — must be granted without delay.
If the average job reads this, then firstly believe even though it hasn't been proven it was Al-Qaeda, and we should give up some of our rights.

Mad man who're from Asian descent attacking in the same way Al-Qaeda do, pretty coincidental don't you think? I do think though to just label them as "Asians who're from Al-Qaeda" doesn't tell us much. Asia's an enormous place.
Yup exactly, my thoughts as well
I still don't really know wht Al-Qaeda attacked in 9/11 in the first place, what as the root cause??? Even the IRA had a valid point, it's just their methods were completely wrong.
Checkout Power of Nightmare documentary, it is not a conspiracy theory, it focus on why did they attack (if they did, but that another discussion, lets not bring it here)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I can't really remember but I suspect it was all over the news when the IRA attacked. Good point about 9/11, that one is well boring. It's sadly the way the world works, you attack America and the media will make damn sure you never forger it.
If the average job reads this, then firstly believe even though it hasn't been proven it was Al-Qaeda, and we should give up some of our rights.
I'm just saying I wouldn't jump to conclusions until the government starts talking about removing our rights.

That Power of Nightmare sounds interesting.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

slasher13 wrote:Wow I love how the news is really hyping this up, All news media have been saying this is the work of al-Qaeda or a group which involves with them.
It's been connected to the London bombs by Police. We don't know if it's Al Qaeda yet. But the bomb types were reportedly the same as used by insurgants in Iraq. At the very least the suspects are Muslim Asians.
One thing to add to this, is that Gordon Brown couldn't have passed the bill which was to detained terrorist suspect for 90days, 2 times it got rejected, now after this what is the chances it will be rejected. None, its going to get passed!! Pretty coincidence if you ask me. Again in a fear of a supposed terrorist attack, the public are scared, and will look to the state for protection. The state will give protection, but only if they surrender part of their freedom.
So you think this was a government conspiracy AGAIN? Amazing how Muslims never seem to be involved. 9/11? Americans. 7/7? British. Maybe it was a couple of white guys with boot polish on their faces? YOU NEVER KNOW.............
Hang on, what about the IRA? Nope we have forgotten this now.
The IRA were scum but have no reason to bomb us now. At least we knew what they wanted. These scumbags have no real purpose other than to cause mayhem and murder.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

It's been connected to the London bombs by Police. We don't know if it's Al Qaeda yet. But the bomb types were reportedly the same as used by insurgants in Iraq. At the very least the suspects are Muslim Asians.
The BBC have reported that the suspects are "varying Middle Eastern nationalities."
Also creepy, that two doctors are held over the bomb, see http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do

Actually check out the following interview with an ex-CIA, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK5-jIfOBjQ

He is saying it is not the same as by insurgants in Iraq.
So you think this was a government conspiracy AGAIN? Amazing how Muslims never seem to be involved. 9/11? Americans. 7/7? British. Maybe it was a couple of white guys with boot polish on their faces? YOU NEVER KNOW............
LOL... :lol: We are still in the dark regarding this, Just looks as some of the evidences regarding 9/11 or 7/7, or even lack of evidences (9/11 metals was taken away and scrapped and placed in other countries, unheard of in a crime scene investigation).
Actually wouldn't boot polish make their face very very oily
The IRA were scum but have no reason to bomb us now. At least we knew what they wanted. These scumbags have no real purpose other than to cause mayhem and murder.
Indeed, I'm not saying the IRA did this, I am just saying in the past, Car Bombs have also been employed by the IRA, it is not something that it new to this terrorism!!
Agreed on the other part, there seems to be no real purpose, so really who is to gain, that the question to ask yourself?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Have a go HERO talking about how he helped kick the shit out of these scumbags, smack them one more time I say! esspecially the pieces of shit Doctors involved!

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

I'm moving this to Debate, if you guys don't mind. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Mass-Debate.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

There was a former Islamic terrorist on Newsnight tonight (BBC2, don't know if anyone else saw it?) and he spoke more sense in a few sentences than all the defensive guff posted here by Slasher and LD. I wish there was a clip on Youtube or something because I can't recall exactly what he said; but the gist was that the main aim of these terrorists is to forceably spead Islam throughout the world until we're all one big Islamic state. I say "we" but of course the idea is to wipe our other religions and secularists. Does this represent all Islam? No. But the terrorist (whose name was Butt) believes that whilst the actual terrorists are a minority the community backing and admiration isn't. He believes that the poisoning of minds is more widespread that we know and that not enough is being done to educate Muslims (by Muslim clerics and elders) on the correct way to interpret the Quoran's more controversial passages. He believes that this is the most effective way to tackle a rise in extremism and before I get flamed can I reiterate that this man was a terrorist and knows first-hand what he's talking about. No Liberal bullshit. No Islam is all peace and fairycakes bullshit. No it's foreign policy bullshit (he admits that this is just an excuse for some extremists to cling onto and that whilst outrage is genuine it's religion over politics that's to blame). The guy spoke sense and if I were Gordon Brown I'd go to him for help. If his mindset can be changed so can anyone's...
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

he spoke more sense in a few sentences than all the defensive guff posted here by Slasher and LD.
Mmm that a bit insulting, especially since none of my discussions was pointed at anyone in this thread, it was mearly my personal thoughts, which I thought we had the freedom to do?, I thought this was a debate, plus poor LostDragon hasn't even posted to this thread, so thats not nice Mark.

Yes I think I know who you are talking about, he also wrote an article for one of the news paper which was a good read, I think it was for the independent.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Interesting Mark, I didn't see that.
"Former terrorist"? What changed his mind? From what you said it sounded like he spoke a lot of sense.
I'll have a look in the next few days on Youtube/the BBC, I don't believe in the conspiracies TBH, eg 9/11, 3000 innocent people died and it was somehow organised by the Government - huh? :(
IMO I dont think "foreign policy" is the only reason we (UK) were attacked as there were attacks before Iraq.

People talk about the Newsnight show and mostly Hassan Butt talking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/20 ... _2007.html