The french presidential election

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Free insurance? Do you mean their parents pay? Other huh?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Jeez how many times do the French need to vote? Not once, not twice but three times it seems. Whatever happened to just voting the once? (as Brits do):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6737825.stm
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

In NZ we vote twice, but at the same time. One is a party vote, the other is an electorate seat vote. This is the MMP system.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Interesting, now you mention it that's exactly how we do it. I tend to tick the same party in both boxes but yes we vote for the elected party and seat for "our area". Same day too and the same way as the Yanks do it I think.

To vote a billion times like the French do seems stupid, and frankly pointless. It especially seems pointless to vote once for the party and then again when it's down to two people. You'd have to vote for a party you don't actually want in power as that's all that's left.

I always vote for who I want in not because they're more popular. I've voted before for a party I knew wouldn't get in but that's not the point.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

I agree. We should just vote once and be done with it.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".