Anyone here use headphones & amps?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Anyone here use headphones & amps?

Post by gasteropod »

I've just got a Little Dot MK VII dual mono balanced solid state amp and it's making my music sound amazing on my Sennheiser HD600 headphones! I'm only using it in standard mode as well since XLR leads are so overpriced, but I would like to upgrade to balanced audio sometime, at least my amp's ready for it anyway.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Anyone here use headphones & amps?

Post by bradavon »

Mark does. I never do. I prefer to listen to it quiet than with headphones. I only use headphones on my MP3 Player.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah he watches films with them doesn't he, I don't really like that, but I'll try it out with my new amp later. Audiophile headphones and amps are superb for music though, my God.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm sure the quality is ace. I just find it uncomfortable

A friend of mine uses his MP3 player all the time around the house, so he can go from room to room. He does it when his wife is in. Which I'd find quite alienating. I tell him to just put music on in each room or buy something like Sonos.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are comfortable, these Sennheisers are because they cup your ears instead of resting on them. The Grados I recently bought most certainly are not though, I regret buying those, they hurt my ears so much but I couldn't return them due to the store's policy of headphones & hygiene.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I don't mean in that way sorry. They're perfectly fine. I just dislike having to wear them when at home. I'd put 3D glasses in the same camp. Perfectly fine in the cinema but at home, you what? I also need glasses to watch films properly (I can do without but it hinders my enjoyment).
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah I'm not keen on the idea of wearing 3D glasses at home, they're bringing out 3D TV's that don't require them though.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I wonder if they'll be any good. The technology to not need glasses is so in it's infancy. The big change in TVs will be IPTV not 3DTV. That's what I'm holding out for.

Integrating the power of the web (so it's not like the Web TV of old with a rubbish browser and clunky keyboard), intelligent searching across web/tv/media (see Google TV, you search what you're after and it seamlessly finds it across devices/media), BBC iPlayer etc.. together will be much more useful. There are several products out there that look impressive but all are very early on in the maturity of what can be done.

Once they've added all this along with Freeview HD plus a hard disk it will be immense.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I want OLED :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

OLED will come whether it's 3D or IPTV (or both). That's just a natural progression of TV, instead of anything new.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I've ordered a Little Dot DAC1 now, whoop! Getting a nice little audiophile system going.