E3 2010

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

E3 2010

Post by Yi-Long »

Just watched the Microsoft Xbox 360 presentation. As expected, most of the attention went to 'Kinect'.
In short, the show was lame as hell. I'm sure the technology behind it is amazing, and I KNOW my girlfriend is gonna love that dance-game as well as that fitness-program (ow, she's gonna be SO HOT! I will get an Xbox 'slim' AND a Sammi 'slim'! Fantastic!), but for boring old me who just wants to sit on his lazy ass with a controller in my hand and play games, it was a let-down. An expected let-down, but a let-down nonetheless...

Anyway, new Xbox 'slim' coming out, same price as the normal version, with built-in wifi (finally) and a 250GB HDD (it's a step in the right direction).

I sure hope Sony has some more interesting stuff to show. This was shite.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: E3 2010

Post by gasteropod »

The Xbox Slim looks like a PS3 Slim that's been dropped out a bedroom window.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

The Xbox 360 Kinect add-on looks bloody amazing. Have you seen the videos? It's a real stab at the future of gaming and takes the Wii concept to the next level. Imagine Wii style gaming but with real games not those silly Wii ones.

It's a stupid name though but then so is Wii.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Goldeneye is getting a remake for Wii :) It looks good, I think they've updated and tweaked the original. Donkey Kong Returns looks great as well.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:The Xbox 360 Kinect add-on looks bloody amazing. Have you seen the videos?
It's been confirmed to have input lag and according to hands-on impressions it doesn't seem to work very well. Blatant rip off of the PS2 Eyetoy, BTW.

I sold my Xbox 360 to EB Games and put it on a deposit for a Slim. I really needed a Wifi solution and this seems to be the easiest way to get it. My flatmates were getting sick of me running a long arse ethernet cable to my room. The external Wifi adapter for the existing 360 models is bloody expensive and only supports wireless-G standard. The slim's built-in adapter is wireless-N.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Get HomePlug instead. Wifi has latency issues for streaming/online gaming.