Trying a new security suite

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Trying a new security suite

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The listed new features won me over and I couldn't wait to try it. The quicker start-up time and game mode are awesome. I realistically see the Game mode helping one when to wanting to watch full screen videos on a netbook or budget laptop.

I have no idea when it's coming, sorry. The beta seems to be dynamically updating itself with new components though, so it might just auto-patch itself into the final version when that's released.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Doesn't ESS already have game mode? A lot of these new features are standard in most other security suites. Not that it matters, most others use way too much memory.

I don't get the quicker startup. My PC (unlike Kaspersky) doesn't appear to be effected by boot slow down since installing ESS4 anyway. I've signed up to be notified when it's released. As it's at RC stage it cannot be too long now. I'm happy to wait. Thanks though.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I don't know. I probably don't need the game mode, since I still have a relatively powerful PC with 4GB RAM and ESS's footprint was already quite small - but one can never have enough optimisation! :rock:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

It's finally been released and is available to download:

http://www.eset.com/download

It's good to see it's only 9MB larger than v4.2.