Page 1 of 378

What general film/series have you just seen.. marks out of 5

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 13:36
by tom2681
This thread is for non-asian cinema only.
For asian cinema, please use the following thread:
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4448

For TV series, please use the following thread:
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4450

Note: the old "What have you seen" thread is still around:
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... ic.php?t=6

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 14:46
by Lourdes
A leafleter - 3/5
Stuck a takeaway menu through the door, bastard. He gets a 3 because I connected on an emotional level.

A white transit with red lettering - 1/5
It just drove down here to turn around then went.

Some kind of bird, brownish colour - 2/5
Landed just outside the window then flew away.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 14:48
by thelostdragon
Lourdes wrote:A leafleter - 3/5
Stuck a takeaway menu through the door, bastard. He gets a 3 because I connected on an emotional level.

A white transit with red lettering - 1/5
It just drove down here to turn around then went.

Some kind of bird, brownish colour - 2/5
Landed just outside the window then flew away.

:D

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 15:31
by grim_tales
Lourdes wrote:A leafleter - 3/5
Stuck a takeaway menu through the door, bastard. He gets a 3 because I connected on an emotional level.

A white transit with red lettering - 1/5
It just drove down here to turn around then went.

Some kind of bird, brownish colour - 2/5
Landed just outside the window then flew away.


:D OK point made.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 15:57
by Yi-Long
Lourdes wrote:A leafleter - 3/5
Stuck a takeaway menu through the door, bastard. He gets a 3 because I connected on an emotional level.

A white transit with red lettering - 1/5
It just drove down here to turn around then went.

Some kind of bird, brownish colour - 2/5
Landed just outside the window then flew away.


:D :D :D

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 21:52
by bradavon

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 21:56
by Lourdes
:| :| :| :| :|

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 22:04
by EvaUnit02
Lourdes wrote::| :| :| :| :|
It was your request, bro. Live with it.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 22:07
by Lourdes
EvaUnit02 wrote:
Lourdes wrote::| :| :| :| :|
It was your request, bro. Live with it.


It wasn't a request, I was testing to see if Brad would be stupid enoguh to do it. Sadly he was!

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 22:23
by bradavon
LD (and I think Hung) wanted it too but if it's decided it's a bad idea afterall it can always be deleted and Grim can repost his Ashes to Ashes Review in here.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008, 23:19
by gasteropod
Nah I agree that reviews of TV episodes don't belong in this thread, Brad.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 01:45
by gasteropod
These two Blu-rays arrived today, and I've watched them both.

Swordfish: 3.5/5

Seen it many a time back in the day on DVD, still enjoy it now and think it is underrated. I managed to persuade my mate to watch it on Blu-ray with me, despite the fact he'd seen it before a long time ago and wasn't impressed with it, and by the end of it he agreed that it's a lot better than he remembered. Good action scenes. Great transfer - the DVD transfer was always one of my favourites so glad to see it in even better form now.

The Island: 4/5

I saw this on DVD a few months ago and enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it just as much just now watching it on Blu-ray. Incredible action scenes which blow me away, definitely one of the best sci-fi films I've seen. The Blu-ray transfer is really good, like a 4.5/5 for me, and despite the soundtrack only being DD 5.1, it's amazing cranked up loud, that's for sure. :D

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 01:46
by Yi-Long
I just watched a commercial, that was kinda funny.

Do I post my review here, or wait for the 'what commercial have you just seen... marks out of 5' thread!?

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 02:02
by bradavon
gasteropod wrote:The Island: 4/5

It's interesting you say that. I always thought it was considered rubbish. It is weird Warner never put TrueHD on the BD/HD-DVD too.

Yi-Long wrote:Do I post my review here, or wait for the 'what commercial have you just seen... marks out of 5' thread!?

Grim has already thought of a solution to that conundrum ;) -

http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3516

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 02:11
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:It is weird Warner never put TrueHD on the BD/HD-DVD too.


I think the majority of my Warner BDs only have DD 5.1 on them.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 02:11
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:
gasteropod wrote:The Island: 4/5

It's interesting you say that. I always thought it was considered rubbish. It is weird Warner never put TrueHD on the BD/HD-DVD too.

Yi-Long wrote:Do I post my review here, or wait for the 'what commercial have you just seen... marks out of 5' thread!?

Grim has already thought of a solution to that conundrum ;) -

http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3516


Wow... didnt think such a thread actually existed already. It's fun seeing Grim carry that thread completely on his own :D

The Island seems like fun. Not too deep, but just a nice timewaster.
Havent seen it yet though.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 02:27
by bradavon
What I find funnier is he started it in April 2007, then replied in May, then some months later in September replied again, and so far no one else has replied in it :D

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 13:13
by Markgway
That's because nobody gives a shit about commericals except Grim. :D

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 13:32
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:
gasteropod wrote:The Island: 4/5

It's interesting you say that. I always thought it was considered rubbish. It is weird Warner never put TrueHD on the BD/HD-DVD too.


No its just becuase your a lemming and listen to people you want to.

Its a great fim, considered Rubbish my arse.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 13:33
by Yi-Long
I really liked that Snowman commercial though. :D
There are lots of great commercials out :)

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 14:09
by EvaUnit02
The Island is alright, definitely not terrible. Transformers on the other is a steaming pile of feces.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008, 18:19
by Lourdes
Memories of Matsuko - 1/5
Of course I knew this was awful, it's why I never saw it when it first came out on DVD. Never trust a sexist closet queer.

Posted: 16 Mar 2008, 13:39
by HungFist
No Country For Old Men (USA, 2007) – 4/5
I’m not the biggest Coen fan, but this was pretty damn good. Perfect pace and very good acting. The only things I didn’t like were some self conscious scenes trying to underline the ”coolness and weirdness” of Javier Bardem’s character.

Posted: 16 Mar 2008, 16:47
by grim_tales
North By Northwest (1959): 4.25/5 (so far)

So far a very good film, and I'm enjoying but my rental disc is faulty, I may get it in HMV next week.

Posted: 16 Mar 2008, 17:41
by dragonhero005
No Country for old Men either... :D 5/5

Great. Creature-like killer Chigurh (even his name is crazy...) was awesome. As was the whole movie. No music at all, still so atmospheric and thrilling.

Great!


The Counterfeiters 5/5

Austria's Oscar winning picture is even better than I expected. Never seen such a powerful domestic film before (probably "Der Untergang).
Leading actor Karl Markovicz once again prooves his great acting abilities.
How come I happen to watch only excellent movies lately?[/b]