Loving Lost (BEWARE SPOILERS)

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Loving Lost (BEWARE SPOILERS)

Post by EvaUnit02 »

This is such an excellent show, we're upto ep.10 here in NZ. Bloody gripping stuff. I really hope they sustain the current top notch level of writing in future seasons to come. I've seen so too many good shows go downhill in their later seasons after (a) solid first (few) season(s):- Smallville, Picket Fences, Boston Public, Earth: Final Conflict, Stargate SG-1...

What episode no. are you guys upto in the UK?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I don't think I've heard of it? What type of show is it, sci-fi, drama? :?

:)
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Lost is one of the greatest shows on TV just now, alongside Desperate Housewives, and Smallville (yes I think this is a fantastic show).

The story is about survivors of a plane crash, who land on a mysterious island somewhere in the South Pacific. They are waiting to be rescued but learn that they must adapt and live in their new home. However the island itself holds many secrets and perhaps there is a reason why the characters are there in the first place...

Excellent stuff. The art of suspense and cliffhangers is awesome. Should arrive on E4 soon, stay tuned.

PS: DVD of first season due later this year. :alien:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

LOST was stunning I watched the 1st 5 episodes and stopped, as I want it on dvd :) not long to go, but from what I saw it was mindblowing stuff and easily made a massive impact on me like The X Files,Alias and 24 have.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Only a few more episodes left of Season 1. :cry: I was hooked on this from the start, but didn't realize just how tight the script and overall story was. Now that we're through with episode 20, I have to say that this is what TV should be -- gripping situation with good characters that (for the most part) are quite real with excellent backstories.

Ep. 20 was a bit of a disappointment after Ep. 19, which centered on Locke, but I'm still enjoying it immensely. Can't wait for the final episode of the season, which is reportedly from Vincent the Dog's point of view. Will it be in black and white, I wonder? :lol:
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Tonight's episode is a repeat, the one focusing on Michael and his relationship with his son. I thought this was a fantastic character episode, and as an added bonus, we got to see the polar bear again. :D I know some others didn't think as highly of it, but I will probably give it a re-watch, then maybe watch that made-for-TV film with Bill Pullman called Revelations, I believe. Anyway, it's another of those 7th sign type of films, a hysteria-inducing type of drama about the events leading up to the apocalypse, as per the last book of the Bible. I've always liked Bill Pullman, though. He was wonderful in While You Were Sleeping, opposite Sandra Bullock.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

the68monkey, ever heard of spoiler tags?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I only know the chick from Shiri is in it. Supposedly it's a very good show, but I havent watched it yet. I have a problem keeping up with weekly series, so I'd rather wait for a dvd-set...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

EvaUnit02 wrote:the68monkey, ever heard of spoiler tags?
No need for spoiler tags in my post -- no plot points or critical developments leaked. As for the Vincent the Dog comment, that's internet gossip and hasn't been confirmed yet.

Anyway, just had a so-called special episode this week titled "The Journey." It's the first "new" show since episode 19 aired. Unless you've missed several shows or want to see the entire season condensed into one hour, I'd skip it. It's just a piecing together of snippets from previous episodes with an annoying voiceover.

Looking forward to next week, when the last four episodes of the season are supposed to begin. From the previews, next week's episode appears to be centered on Said's character. Looks good!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

Heads up - Lost (S1) starts on C4 tonight, with the 2 part pilot. Cool for anyone who hasnt seen it :D

I'm taping it tonight :)

Part 1: 8.30pm-9.30pm
Part 2: 10pm-10.55pm
brassmonkey001
Little White Dragon

Post by brassmonkey001 »

Oooh, I haven't enjoyed TV like this since the first series of 24. For anone who missed it, the first two episodes get a repeat Saturday night channel 4. I might watch em again!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I've just seen the 1st 2 episodes. :D
Brilliant. Really gripping stuff. I'll tape the 3rd on Sunday :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

BiscLimpkit wrote:Lost is one of the greatest shows on TV just now, alongside Desperate Housewives, and Smallville (yes I think this is a fantastic show).
You must be joking Desperate Housewives is utter trash like Sex in the City. No one talks like they do in SATC in real life.

IMO of course.

Smallville is lame also. I don't want to see Clarke Kent give me Superman!

There are some excellent US shows such as CSI but most are trash.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

CSI rocks from what I seen :( shame I want them all on dvd as I stopped watching on TV. Samallville is a good show, but it swings violently from crap to great, and you never know when one show will be bad or good, so you have to suffer its inconsistency, but when its good its really nice. Shame you have to watch a crap episode to get one good one.

Lost is amazing, and I bought it from cdwow and hey its out in a few weeks, so stuff the TV and get the set bought :D
brassmonkey001
Little White Dragon

Post by brassmonkey001 »

I enjoyed Desperate Housewives :oops:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I would love a Desperate Lost Housewife :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Romero I'm really tempted to buy the first Season of Lost at some point and I've only seen 2 episodes :D I havent seen episode 3 as my video didnt work on Sunday :evil: :(

The last part I saw was the end of ep.2 when they hear the distress call that has been repeating the same message for 16 years :? :o
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey Romero,
Do you know the best place to get the R1 of Lost S1? (I'm guessing that the R2 will be twice the price) ;)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The R2 sounds pants, its coming out in 2 parts :roll: and will cost a fortune!

I just went for CDWOW for 30 quid :( a lot I know, esspecially when I had it on order at dvdsoon for 17 pounds :( but they shafted me out of that deal :roll: so CDWOW won my cash, but its 29.99 at movietyme if you like them, I dont so I used cdwow.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

At least CD-WOW will be hassle free ;)
The R1 sounds better than the R2 then. Where did you hear it would be 2 volumes?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

It was announced :) Part 1 of the UK set is out in a month or 2 and part 2 may be next year! as they cannot release them before they are shown on Channel 4 :roll: so Channel 4 logo will probibly be on the UK boxes too.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'm not waiting a full six months-ish for the UK version. (Both volumes).
Wasn't it a ABC/HBO production? :?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yes, but Channel 4 stamp there name on most shows latley :(
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The UK set will come on 8 discs (eventually) - according to Play.com S1 Part 1 is 4 discs (thats 12 episodes.. I think?)
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Well, I won't give away the ending, but in all honesty I thought it was lame. I was loving the show until the last few episodes - the supposed peak of the season - where it just fell flat.

I will watch the second season to find out what happens next, but I won't be buying the DVDs.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server