Loving Lost (BEWARE SPOILERS)

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

When we last saw Jacob, it was Christian Shephard.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

OK, I know that the actor of Christian Shephard was on the set to play Jacob, but how on earth did you recognise him in that chair? All we see is a man who seems to have a beard. We don't even see the guy's face.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I didn't spot it, you have to find the screencap posted online because it's a freeze-frame type affair. I'll try and find it for you.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Apparently you see his white shoes as well.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

That gotta be a fake, because I have the episode here and we don't see this when Hugo looks through the window.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I must say that the flash-forwards (and the mystery that surrounds them) have really breathed some much needed life into this meandering show. Still feels like they're making it up as they go along TBH.

I haven't been bothered to download the show as NZ TV is only like a week behind this time around.

LD, did you see Season 2 of Dexter? That was fantastic stuff. Also Bobbi is right on the money in regards to The Wire, fantastic police drama that gives a glimpse at both sides of the coin for a change - the featured characters of the various organised crime syndicates under investigation are all fully fleshed out.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I am soon starting with "The Wire". As for "Dexter", I haven't finished the first season out of some reason, although I really enjoyed watching the first few episodes. Should definitely continue to watch it.

Started with "Battlestar Galactica" yesterday, though.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Last night's episode 'The Constant' was AMAZING! One of the best episodes ever! It was so intelligent and has tied loads of stuff together, everything's starting to make sense now.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Argh! Haven't seen it, yet! It comes with a Juliette flash forward, doesn't it?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Nope!
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

gasteropod wrote:Last night's episode 'The Constant' was AMAZING! One of the best episodes ever!
:wav:
Oh, yeah! Had me all weepy at the end! :thumbleft:

But who ripped out all the wiring in telecommunications? And why? What if McGyver Sayid hadn't been there?

I still need answers! :D
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Lost - Season 4 - Episode 5 - 5/5
A definite 5/5. I have the feeling that the Desmond episodes are always the best written emotional episodes.

I bet it was Michael who opened the door for Des, Sayid and that other guy.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Lost - Season 4 - Episode 6 - 3.5/5
Maybe even 3.5/5. It was ok, not more and not less. The only thing that really moved the story forward here was Ben talking about Penelope's father. Did he have anything to do with Desmond's sailing race around the world?
Last edited by thelostdragon on 11 Mar 2008, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

The highlight for me was seeing Juliet in a bikini ;)

Yeah, I think it was back in season 2 that we saw Desmond set off on a race around the world to gain respect from Charles Widmore, if I remember correctly.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Thought this past episode was quite average, but then again, didn't expect anything else to follow the fantastic Desmond episode. Would have been nice for them to play a bit more on the novel Ben was reading, Valis, by Philip K. Dick. The sci-fi novel is loaded with references to a multitude of religions and time-travel/telepathy theories. On second thought, the writers probably threw this in for all the Losties to go wild over with research. :alien:
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

the68monkey wrote:On second thought, the writers probably threw this in for all the Losties to go wild over with research. :alien:
They do :) Whenever someone's reading a book on Lost, it's either about time travel and the universe, or desert islands lol.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

"Of Mice and Men" was about time travel and desert islands?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Was that early season 1? Probably before the writers even had all the time travel stuff sorted.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Probably, yeah. Sawyer was reading it. I mean Sawyer was reading most books on this show anyway. There even is a special feature on the extras of one of the seasons where the makers Lindelof etc speak about the insertion of books into the series.
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

the68monkey wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:However, I just checked and she is supposed to appear in epsiode 2, The Econimist. Hmmm...
Voice only, I believe.
Yeah voice only until this/last weeks episode Ji Yeon.

Also i dont know if anyone spotted the guy who sold the panda to Jin in Ji yeon, its Simon Rhee!! 7th Dan TKD master who played Dae Han in the original Best of The Best movie! 8)

Im full of useless trivia me! :)
NO WEASEL, NO CRY