The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Dude it's a cover, so what? It looks great.
If you say so. Cropped legs are dire, they suposed to be experts at making covers, doing that should get them sacked.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Compared to EIV's covers and the like it's a work of genius.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup, but thats just being silly :D unless EIV inport a cover from another county, they suck always :D

EIV, EIDVD at least go up in the world :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Video doesn't mean VHS ;)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Haha yup, but times move on.

EIS is more like it, easy to guess what the S stands for :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

True :D

Aren't they called Entertainment Films or something.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Kick ass, lossy audio. 640Kbps - the best HD audio bitrate.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/sh ... u-ray/1797
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I watched my taped archive of season 1 and found to be fairly decent, surprisingly. Far better than T3, as Brad said. A good time waster, hardly top tier TV though.

Season 2 has been pretty good thus far. Episode 1 in particular is pretty hectic and exciting. Shirley Manson of Garbage makes a good femme fatale. Thankfully they aren't making her do an American accent, it would be Jason Statman calibre - awful. Her Scottish accent is far too thick.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Season 2 has started - Excellent!

It's not top tier TV but still decent.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Season 2 starts over here this Thursday - Yipeey! I cannot wait. I could download it but I'd prefer to wait to see it on TV.

Virgin 1 still aren't sending out a "Series link" flag though :evil:. Why not? Every other bloody channel does. All recorders require this to know to automatically record the following episode. I bet it's sent on Sky, just not Freeview.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Has anyone been watching this the new season? Aside from all the Shirley Manson malarkey, it's had some very strong writing.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I have. Shirley Manson makes a fine terminator. I have no problem understanding her either, compared to some Scotts her accent isn't strong at all.

I miss Sarah's voice over though. I agreed it has some strong episodes but the episodes in Season 1 (except the odd lame one) were stronger. Seeing Cameron learn ballet or double crossing that couple who'd just helped her hasn't been beaten.

So far it's up to Episode 8 in The UK, that was a good one (the one where the story is told from 5 different perspectives). I do find it annoying how they've made the terminator so easy to kill. James Cameron made sure we knew in both Terminators that the Terminator was a nightmare to kill, here they kill him so easily.

Considering John is supposed to save the world, he's left so often on his own. It would be so easy to kill him.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:I have. Shirley Manson makes a fine terminator. I have no problem understanding her either, compared to some Scotts her accent isn't strong at all.
I wasn't talking about her performance, that's fine. I meant the plot surrounding her character has gotten quite silly. You'll see when she "joins forces" with Cromatie. That's not a spoiler BTW.

Speaking of Cromatie, Garrett Dillahunt makes a great Terminator. I'd imagine that Lance Hendriksen's Terminator would've been a lot like his, an inconspicuous infiltrator that's comes across as an everyman - yet is still utterly cold and menacing.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:I wasn't talking about her performance, that's fine. I meant the plot surrounding her character has gotten quite silly.
I was referring to you saying:

Her Scottish accent is far too thick.

But it doesn't matter. The UK is 4 weeks behind America but I cannot see how this is possible:

"You'll see when she "joins forces" with Cromatie."

Currently he's dead.

Her plot has got a bit silly but then so has lots of the rest of the story. The Terminators are nothing like they were in the first 2 movies, they manage to kill them so easily.

When was Lance Hendriksen supposed to be a Terminator?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

For some odd reason Virgin 1 have decided to pause the show until FEBRUARY over here. Over at Digital Spy it says:

"It's taking a mid-season break in the states, they can't show before US transmission. It will be moving to the Friday night graveyard slot in the US."

Even if that is true, it still doesn't make any sense, they're already 4 weeks ahead. That's 4 episodes ALREADY aired. Surely they can still show us these 4 episodes, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Te ... s_episodes

What utter madness! Stopping a season half way through.

I've never been interested in downloading episodes before but if Virgin are going to pull this cheeky trick on us I will have too. I'm not waiting until February!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

EDIT: Oh I see what's happened. It's being paused in America until February and if they continue with the next 4 episodes they'd have reduced the gap between the two significantly. I guess for legal reasons the two countries must be 4 weeks apart.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

bradavon wrote:When was Lance Hendriksen supposed to be a Terminator?
Seriously? You don't know that? Lance Henriksen was Cameron's original choice for the Terminator - an inflitration unit. A unit designed to blend in to a crowd.

Arnie originally was offered the role of Kyle Reese, but the more he read the script, the more he wanted to be the bad guy. He was told it would be a mistake & really bad for his career but he wanted to do it anyway.

I think it was Stan Winston who did a drawing of Arnie with parts of his face chipped away and the metal showing through, and when James Cameron saw that, he changed his mind & wanted Arnie as the Terminator, which is how he got the part...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:I have. Shirley Manson makes a fine terminator. I have no problem understanding her either, compared to some Scotts her accent isn't strong at all.
I meant her accent is likely too thick for her to successfully pull off a good Yank accent. It'd be Russell Crowe playing an Englishman or the aforementioned Jason Statham example.
It will be moving to the Friday night graveyard slot in the US."
That means that the show is circling the drain. Typical Fox, prematurely cancelling shows. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I knew that but not about Lance Henriksen being the Terminator originally, thanks. He would've been excellent too.
EvaUnit02 wrote:That means that the show is circling the drain. Typical Fox, prematurely cancelling shows. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
:(.

I guess it wasn't popular enough?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I hope they don't can Sarah Connor.

I've never heard of Dollhouse. I cannot say I'm interesteded, Buffy and Angel were utter rubbish and Serenity was only fairly good.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I really like Sarah Connor, would be a shame to see it go. The characterisation is very strong and stories are decent.

Whedon has grown up, it's very mature compared to his previous efforts. Dollhouse is pretty much a rip off of the Gerry Anderson super-marionation show, Joe 90... except with boobs. They've shown 3 episodes thus far and it's been okay. Pretty tepid and slowburning.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:I really like Sarah Connor, would be a shame to see it go. The characterisation is very strong and stories are decent.
Agreed. The odd episode doesn't work (as expected from any series) but overall it's definitely stronger writing than I was ever expecting. So far I'm still preferring Series 1. It had some really strong episodes.

I've never seen Joe 90 but know the show you mean, thanks. I've just read up on bits of Dollshouse. It sounds really stupid but maybe it works.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The season ended with a rather shitty cliffhanger. Too bad that there likely won't be a third season.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Please don't post spoilers. It's still airing here.

Series 1 so far is better than Series 2, despite being much shorter. Although it too had a poor ending. Pity there won't be a Series 3, although I'm not surprised.