X Factor

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

X Factor

Post by grim_tales »

Who do you think will win on Saturday? :D
G4 do have talent IMO and at least they're different, their version of Bohemian Rhapsody was a bit wierd though and I'm not sure I like it, I can only picture Freddy Mercury singing it.
(Did you notice how they skipped all the "difficult" bits in the song last week, as it was shortened?) One song they do this time is Nessun Dorma, but thats normal opera, wonder what else they will do?

I dont think muvh of Steve, he's a bit boring. Tabby was quite good though :D

[Edited on 10-12-2004 by grim_tales]
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Anyone watch then? :D
It was a very close vote apparently, but then The X Factor is Cowell's show so is it any surprise Steve won?
His performance of Higher and Higher was quite good, but its' never a good idea to "do" a Nat King Cole classic (Smile), and he seemed a bit dull overall IMO, at least G4 (while not perfect) do something a bit different, their performance of Nessun Dorma (at the beginning) was superb, and their Bohemian Rhapsody and Creep are growing on me despite the flaws (the blond singer has the best voice).

It was quite funny when Sharon laid into Steve and said he was full of crap though, and fake :D Maybe she shouldnt have said that though as it was a cruel thing to say at that time.

That said, has anyone heard of a smilar act to G4 (put together before) called Il Divo? They come from different parts of the world and have much better, more rounded voices overall than G4, IMO - their "O Holy Night" on "Christmas Mania" was excellent :)
Cooey
Jade Tiger

Post by Cooey »

And guess what... Il Divo are Simon Cowells group! :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Yes they were! :D