Doctor Who - SPOILERS

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Fair point. I don't really get what the big deal is but she still has a nice body. Maybe I was OTT saying fabulous.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

She's gorgeous. Can you not appreciate real looking women? I'd take her over Lucy Pinder and Sophie Howard any day.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

WTF! Does this mean they're finally filming Doctor Who in HD? -

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/2874

According to Play, the UK is coming in June.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Doctor Who - SPOILERS

Post by bradavon »

Dr Who end a 'brilliant send-off':

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/enter ... 002056.stm

Beware it contains a big spoiler of whose in the Christmas two-part special.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

I Don't watch this but caught a glimpse of the new Doctor on Saturday, not impressed.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

And now for a contrasting opinion: D.

OMG! What a fantastic first episode. So much worked perfectly. I'll reel some off: It was witty, funny, intelligent (given what it is), Matt Smith was perfect (Eccelston was all wrong, Tenant was great), playing The Doctor has wry, witty, clever and most of all quirky. I'm so impressed with him as The Doctor.

I loved the homage to ALL The Doctors of past, Steven Moffat is clearly a fan (something I was never convinced Davies was) and boy Karen Gillan is hot in police uniform and hold-ups.

This series has so much potential to be the best yet, of The New Series obviously.
saltysam wrote:I Don't watch this but caught a glimpse of the new Doctor on Saturday, not impressed.
A glimpse isn't enough to give an opinion is it?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

On the front of today's Daily Mail is a picture of Karen Gillan, apparently being "too sexy".

Hold-ups aside (which I wasn't expecting, although it does fit with her character as a kiss-o-gram, which made for a cracking joke) what a load of nothing, as per usual. The odd sexy remark (very tame) and that's about it. They even commented you see the Doctor undress naked (oh the shame) in front of Karen Gillan's character. You see his head and shoulders! Please. It's all done using her facial expressions. As you'd expect some people complained, I bet it amounted to all of 4 people. Some people need to get a life and stop living in the dark ages.

The extended "what's coming soon" bit at the end clearly shows Karen Gillan's character very much wearing clothes. This was the opening episode and it had to make an impact. Like I said hold-ups aside, there's nothing to comment on. Even the hold-ups weren't lingered on, she was just wearing them.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

That episode was pretty good. Sure beats RTD by a mile with his farting aliens invading Cardiff, alien infants made of fat and that god awful bisexual Mary Sue - Harkness.

Good to see that those statue aliens from the excellent Blink are returning, ditto for Alex Kingston's character from also outstanding Library of the Dead.

One of the upcoming episodes is written by Richard Curtis though, oh dear. :puke: Hopefully it has nothing to do with foppish nice guy losers.

Matt Smith was impressive, but Tennant will definitely be missed though. That Scottish ginger playing Amy Pond was awfully tasty, I must say. Since RTD is gone we likely won't get another assistant falling for the Doctor, good I say.
bradavon wrote:On the front of today's Daily Mail is a picture of Karen Gillan, apparently being "too sexy".
Isn't that newspaper aimed at reactionary right wing bible thumping prudes who're stuck in the 1950's? If so I would ignore opinion completely.

I saw 2 episodes of Torchwood Season 3. Good God that was the most boring shit ever. I'm glad that that dirge has come to an end.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Good to see that those statue aliens from the excellent Blink are returning, ditto for Alex Kingston's character from also outstanding Library of the Dead.
Agreed.
EvaUnit02 wrote:One of the upcoming episodes is written by Richard Curtis though, oh dear. :puke: Hopefully it has nothing to do with foppish nice guy losers.
Oh dear. I hadn't spotted that. At least he isn't directing too, I hope.
EvaUnit02 wrote:Since RTD is gone we likely won't get another assistant falling for the Doctor, good I say.
Lets hope so. It worked perfectly for Rose but enough is enough. Not that Donna fell for him.
EvaUnit02 wrote:Isn't that newspaper aimed at reactionary right wing bible thumping prudes who're stuck in the 1950's? If so I would ignore opinion completely.
Yes. It's drivel.
EvaUnit02 wrote:I saw 2 episodes of Torchwood Season 3. Good God that was the most boring shit ever. I'm glad that that dirge has come to an end.
Has it been canned? I thought it had been put on hiatus. You mean the 5 part story/complete series right? That was excellent. One of the better Torchwood stories. As TV in general it's still car crash TV though.

Welcome back btw, where have you been?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

There's a teaser for next weeks episode here, in 720p too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kybye_eEviE
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Has it been canned? I thought it had been put on hiatus. You mean the 5 part story/complete series right? That was excellent. One of the better Torchwood stories. As TV in general it's still car crash TV though.
Well Camp-tain Jack went emo after sacrificing his grandson and left Earth; the Welsh bird with the gap in her teeth has to go on Maternity leave; every other major cast member died. Where do you go from there?
Welcome back btw, where have you been?
Nowhere. I just haven't watched many films in the last few months.
At least he isn't directing too, I hope.
He isn't, thankfully. The films which he directed ended up as meandering messes in need of serious editing. I.e. Love Actually and The Boat That Rocked.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Well Camp-tain Jack went emo after sacrificing his grandson and left Earth; the Welsh bird with the gap in her teeth has to go on Maternity leave; every other major cast member died. Where do you go from there?
The "Welsh bird" is a strong character. I assumed they'd come back with just the two of them and get more recruits.
EvaUnit02 wrote:He isn't, thankfully. The films which he directed ended up as meandering messes in need of serious editing. I.e. Love Actually and The Boat That Rocked.
Agreed (I've not seen TBTR). He's a great comedy writer and should just stick that. Love Actually could've been so good, if they'd chopped out about 1/4 to 1/3 of the stories and expanded what's left.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Brad, your taxpayer dollar has gone to fund four free online Dr. Who adventure games. Written by Moffat, starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. They're designed by the guy behind the multiple BAFTA nominated Adventure game series, Broken Sword.

Apparently they're canon and considered part of the TV series.
Cardiff, London and Sheffield: April 8th 2010: The Doctor, Amy and some of the show’s most iconic monsters will be making a journey from TV to home computers, as the BBC unveils Doctor Who: The Adventure Games – four original ‘interactive episodes’ which will be made available for free from www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.
I dunno, point-and-click adventure games put me in a coma. They might be right up a casual's alley though, eg you.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks. Those don't interest me.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

"The Daleks invade Sheffield" featurette

The Doctor and Amy looked like reanimated corpses, talk about visiting the Uncanny Valley. The animation looked like it was ripped from a low rent commercial game circa 2000.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Last night's episode was good. I love it when they bring back Old School Classic monsters. This time the Silurians.