Scissor Dick (Naoyuki Tomomatsu, 2018)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc.
Guro Taku
Flirting Scholar

Scissor Dick (Naoyuki Tomomatsu, 2018)

Unread post by Guro Taku » 25 Mar 2018, 15:03

Naoyuki Tomomatsu's new film will have its world premiere as part of the Toyko Thunderbolt Filmfestival on April 7th. I followed this thing's production pretty extensively via Tomomatsu's twitter and there really wasn't any aspect that wasn't entertaining. The production was entirely crowdfunded because nobody wanted to give the poor guy any money to direct anything like this. Eventually only 2.1 million yen (about $20.000) of the targeted 2.5 million was scraped together (with perks including anything from DVDs, mention in the credits to a pool party in Osaka with the female cast) but that didn't deter this absolute madman and he started filming anyway, collecting the missing amount later at an event where early footage was screened. One of the biggest regrets of my life is that I wasn't able to throw some money at this due to how horrenduously difficult it is to transfer money to Japan. It is only this way that I learned that apparently the Japanese bank system and the one we have in Europe are totally incompatible.

Anyway, here's the trailer for what I am sure will be the movie event of 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcDvwcOPIJA

Tomomatsu's films have been full of crappy CGI blood for so long I expected this to be the case again here but despite the seriously low budget the effects look to be practical.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Scissor Dick (Naoyuki Tomomatsu, 2018)

Unread post by HungFist » 25 Mar 2018, 16:46

I'm getting a bit too old for these kind of films, especially ones with no budget, but I do admit being slightly excited for this, for the sheer passion and stubborness that comes thru from that trailer...

And I admit laughing when I read "Scissor Dick (Naoyuki Tomomatsu, 2018)" :lol: God bless him.
Guro Taku wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 15:03
It is only this way that I learned that apparently the Japanese bank system and the one we have in Europe are totally incompatible.
I could complain about Japanese banks all night... like when I opened an account in Japan Post Bank, and 90 minutes later (yes, it takes 90 minutes to open a basic bank account) when all was done I ask how can I transfer money to my account from (my own account) abroad. They told me I can't, they don't accept money from abroad. THE FUCK :rage: It's a bank for Christ's sake. And a postal office too. The two most global industries in the world!