Bruce Lee's Fist

Robotrix still cut in the UK

Post by Markgway »

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Robotrix still cut in the UK

Post by HungFist »

2m 45s!!!!! BBFC has no sense of humor! :mad:

Saw this on 35mm in a festival screening some years ago. It was the closing film for an all nighter (playing around 7 am). Finnish audiences are usually remarkably silent, but this was a riot! I've rarely seen audience having so much fun... (the state people were in after a night full of brutal horror movies, several cans of energy drink, and no sleep, might also have contributed :lol: )
kemushi
Little White Dragon

Post by kemushi »

Absolutely ridiculous! It's like we're back in 1993 instead of in 2013.
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

ROBOTRIX is getting an uncut DVD from Japan Shock next week but strangely enough only with German subs:

They say it'll look much better than the "old Hong Kong DVD", which wouldn't be saying much as that one was 4:3 Letterboxed. I expect it to be the exact same transfer as the newer anamorphic HK release. It's kind of a shame in my opinion that so few Cat. III films get the deluxe special edition treatment. There have been some steps in the right direction with releases like UNTOLD STORY, EBOLA SYNDROME and STORY OF RICKY all boasting some outstanding special features. I don't care about special features on newly released films at all but with these films I just know there's a wealth of background and behind the scenes info that's getting lost because these films don't get the same lavish attention as US and European cult flicks.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Is the HK release uncut? :)
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

Both the old HK DVD from Mega Star and the newer one from Fortune Star / Joy Sales (Legendary Collection) contain the longest known version of the film. I have no knowledge if cuts had to be made to receive the Cat. III rating for the film's original theatrical release.