On the Run - Joy Sales vcd vs HK Video dvd

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
SpearheadBT
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

On the Run - Joy Sales vcd vs HK Video dvd

Post by SpearheadBT »

On the Run is one of these movies which suffered from being cut, and having different not so easy to get releases with different cuts. From what I gather the original Megastar dvd got the final scene lacking, when it was restored back in a MIHK tape later on, and then I from what I heard, on the Joy Sales vcd (can anyone confirm?). And a couple of years ago, the frenchies at HK Video remastered it with the final scene in. Obviously I'd like to get hold of this film with the final scene, on dvd would be best, but I have a few questions. I know the HK Video version is not English friendly, but my mothertongue is french so it doesn't matter to me. But thing is, I live in NA, don't have a region-free dvd player, and the film is quite expensive to get in general - around 30$ with shipping. I have watched some surprisingly good looking vcds, Joy Sales even seems to be putting remastered films on the format, mono doesn't bother me and I can do without a remaster as long as the original picture looks good. What I'd like to know, is if anyone ever got to compare both versions? Or anyone watched either of them and can comment? If I can get the film in a version that isn't that inferior to the dvd, but for a fraction of the price, the choice isn't that hard.

And while I'm at it, anyone compared the Longest Nite Universe dvd versus HK Video? Does anyone knows what's in the booklet? (can't seem to find that info)

Thanks.