Sion Sono

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Re: Sion Sono

Post by Guro Taku »

The CGI is absolutely horrible and the trailer song as cringy as usual but I'm into how colorful and weird this looks!
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

TOKYO VAMPIRE HOTEL has been edited from its series format into an 142 minute feature film, which is how it is to play film festivals and how it is shopped around to Western distributors.
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

Could he have been talking about PRISONERS OF THE GHOSTLAND, the film that'll see him team up with Nicholas Cage and which is currently being pre-sold at Cannes?
Ghostland, penned by Aaron Hendry and Safai, centers on notorious criminal Hero (Cage) who is sent to rescue an abducted girl who has disappeared into a dark supernatural universe. They must break the evil curse that binds them and escape the mysterious revenants that rule the Ghostland, an East-meets-West vortex of beauty and violence.
This isn't the first time Sono is about to make his English language debut as he was previously attached to the Scandinavian death metal flick LORDS OF CHAOS on which he was ultimately replaced by Jonas Åkerlund.

Sono is very much a writer-director and as far as I know the only times he directed someone else's screenplays we got... SHINJUKU SWAN 1 and 2. The summary sounds Sono as fuck though, so maybe that won't be an issue here.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

That sounds interesting. Beats Shinjuku Swan 3 for sure.
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

Sono has been hospitalized and had emergency surgery due to a heart attack.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ck-1184182
narutonutty
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by narutonutty »

How is he doing now? Have not found any news or update on his recovery
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Discotek's Suicide Club has a release date: April 25
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVGRY2J2/

Third Window Film's release of the film in turn appears to be cancelled for good. I think they mentioned it became practically and financially impossible for them to release it in today's political environment following the accusations made against Sono.

If I recall correctly, there were also a couple of US releases of his most recent films that got cancelled for the same reasons. Which really sucks. I mean, one man turned out to be an asshole, and as a result hundreds of innocent actors and film makers are being punished by cancelling their work and income. I really can't agree with this kind of collective punishment that mainly affects innocent people.