Fist of Fury: Platinum Edition - Screenshots

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Thanks will have to revisit the documentary now :D I am sure I own it somewhere.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Make sure you listen to the music during the Dan Inosanto vs. Bruce fight. The scene where he gets out his nunchakus and when they circle away from each other and Bruce dekes attacks with his nunchucks.

The music, especially during this scene, is so much better and gives a lot more life to the whole film than the HKL does.
chenlung
King of Beggars

Post by chenlung »

I liked 'Warriors Journey' better myself!

When I first saw the footage, I lay awake at night, astonished...
Scott
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

thelostdragon wrote:The lost/found 40 minutes fight is totally awesome. However, I prefer the version of John Little from his documentary "A Warrior's Journey". The music in it is the most suitable.
I love the cool rock version of the GOD theme HKL used though :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

it wasn't hkl-they borrowed the footage from artport in japan,which is the best looking version,anamorphic which i don't think the hkl is. :?
Richardrli
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Re: Fist of Fury: Platinum Edition - Screenshots

Post by Richardrli »

Please do forgive me for digging up this old thread but I'd like to get a confirmation here: THE BIG BOSS, FIST OF FURY and WAY OF THE DRAGON all got their individual Platinum two disc edtions from HKL after the 30th Anniversary collector's box set but not GAME OF DEATH correct? As in, because G.O.D was already released as a two disc title in the 30th Anniversary set then HKL saw no need to re-release a "Platinum" version for that film while giving the other three films (which were single disc titles in the Anniversary collector set) the Platinum treatment. Am I right?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Fist of Fury: Platinum Edition - Screenshots

Post by saltysam »

Richardrli wrote:Please do forgive me for digging up this old thread but I'd like to get a confirmation here: THE BIG BOSS, FIST OF FURY and WAY OF THE DRAGON all got their individual Platinum two disc edtions from HKL after the 30th Anniversary collector's box set but not GAME OF DEATH correct? As in, because G.O.D was already released as a two disc title in the 30th Anniversary set then HKL saw no need to re-release a "Platinum" version for that film while giving the other three films (which were single disc titles in the Anniversary collector set) the Platinum treatment. Am I right?
Broadly that's how it panned out except The WAY platinum edition was released on the same date as the 30th anniversary set, not after.
working class blu-ray fan